Locked Thread

Help Support CattleToday:

aplusmnt":1dimg978 said:
Nice when you can just lock the thread and get the last word :roll:

You take a perfectly plain thread about the price of gasoline around the country and turn it into a politicial discussion, yeah, it's probably going to get locked down.

Macon has asked over and over that politics not be discussed on these boards. Yet some of you just keep pushing the envelope.

Frankie":3e5py5fw said:
aplusmnt":3e5py5fw said:

You take a perfectly plain thread about the price of gasoline around the country and turn it into a politicial discussion, yeah, it's probably going to get locked down.

Macon has asked over and over that politics not be discussed on these boards. Yet some of you just keep pushing the envelope.

Go back and count the typed words and see who had the longest Political post on the topic!! Nothing like a hypocrite!

aplusmnt":3twab0nx said:
Frankie":3twab0nx said:
aplusmnt":3twab0nx said:

Go back and count the typed words and see who had the longest Political post on the topic!! Nothing like a hypocrite!

:lol: :lol: "...count the typed words..."? "longest Political post...." YOU are the person who took a thread that several people were enjoying and possible learning from, turned it politicial and got it locked. Not me. Yeah, I responded, but I didn't start it. Macon provides this board for us to use. He's a tolerant person and doesn't have a lot of rules in place. But some people, you are one, just won't abide by the rules he does see fit to implement. I think that's a shame.

I reread it to be sure.

I think the fourth post of the thread mentioned politics first.

Wewild":1yafo14b said:
I reread it to be sure.

Using the election as a reference date is political? If I had said November 7 instead of "the election", it would be ok? Be sure and let me know because I don't want to make that mistake again.

Frankie":3ekce7od said:
Wewild":3ekce7od said:
I reread it to be sure.

Using the election as a reference date is political? If I had said November 7 instead of "the election", it would be ok? Be sure and let me know because I don't want to make that mistake again.

I'd say it was the before and after references.

Frankie wrote: Yeah, I responded, but I didn't start it.

Sounds like a little school kid tattling on her friends here.

Too funny. :lol: :lol:

You're a real gem Frankie. A Hypocritical CAB, but a gem none the less. :shock:

I think everyone knows by now that sometimes the best thing is to not respond, difficult as that can be at times. When a thread gets locked, the people responding are just as guilty as the person who started it, IMO. I've been guilty of both.

VanC":14vc2x9d said:
I think everyone knows by now that sometimes the best thing is to not respond, difficult as that can be at times.

Good post.

VanC":14vc2x9d said:
When a thread gets locked, the people responding are just as guilty as the person who started it, IMO.

I got to think on this for a while....... I would say no.

Sometimes it is time to make a call whether it's popular or not.

As unbelievable as it may sound, I was just stating a historical fact that I thought was relevant to the gas prices.

When we talk about gas prices on a thread and during the running time of that said thread the law governing the Gas companies is changed and will most likely have a big affect on the very Gas prices we are talking about, I did not consider that a political discussion.

To have a Political discussion I would have had to pick a side, I would have had to mention the Dem's or Republicans.

All I did is state a fact, sure did not think things were that touchy to lock something so fast at just the hint of a discussion that gas prices might not stay going down now that the Oil companies will be paying more taxes. Rather it is fair or not fair for them to pay them is irrelevant and would be a political discussion.

But it is a fact that since they will most likely be paying more money out of pocket, they might try to regain some of that loss through increased prices or at least slow the decrease down some. They are a business working to make a profit! And that is how businesses do things.

No reason to lock, I will retire to Ranchers.net for further discussion on the matter. ;-)

Wewild":chj3z3z4 said:
VanC":chj3z3z4 said:
When a thread gets locked, the people responding are just as guilty as the person who started it, IMO.

I agree that sometimes we need to step in and tell someone that we disagree. Not just call them an idiot and run, but explain why we feel they're wrong. But to keep going back and forth for a couple of pages, just because you have to get in the last word, is silly, IMO.

I enjoy a good political discussion as long as it's kept reasonably civil, but it's not allowed here so I try and avoid it. Not always successful, but I try.

Wewild":1m94znbt said:
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/thefix/2006/09/more_gas.html

Seems like I heard a similar story.

Sorry I got this locked.

You didn't get anything locked...I wish you'd get over feeling guilty over every little thing, causing something negative to happen. You ain't got that kinda power, Wewild.

VanC":27mv82fm said:
Wewild":27mv82fm said:
VanC":27mv82fm said:

I agree that sometimes we need to step in and tell someone that we disagree. Not just call them an idiot and run, but explain why we feel they're wrong. But to keep going back and forth for a couple of pages, just because you have to get in the last word, is silly, IMO.

I enjoy a good political discussion as long as it's kept reasonably civil, but it's not allowed here so I try and avoid it. Not always successful, but I try.

This makes more sense than anything I've read so far on this thread...and, so far, I keep my sinful liberal views from becoming too transparant. How long will that last...who the heck knows...who the heck cares!

Alice

Alice":2c48jw1f said:
Wewild":2c48jw1f said:
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/thefix/2006/09/more_gas.html

Seems like I heard a similar story.

Sorry I got this locked.

You didn't get anything locked...I wish you'd get over feeling guilty over every little thing, causing something negative to happen. You ain't got that kinda power, Wewild.

I don't feel guilty at all. I posted a link to a reference made by someone that used the same analogy. They haven't come back yet ... or locked this post.

Help me understand your post.

Latest posts