Living the Dream

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana

Reaction score
Having this diagnosis thrust on me sure has made me think over the last few days. I'm sure I am one of the lucky ones in life though. There is nothing in this world that I would really want over what I have.

I have a family that loves me and that will be beside me through everything, both my own family, and my husbands family. We all talk, and while we may have our arguements (who doesn't) we love and take care of each other.

I have a husband that I know loves me and that I love back, with all my heart. No matter what happened to either of us I know we are there for each other. We work together, sometimes swear at each other, after all we are both stubborn, and want things done 'MY' way. But every night we go to bed beside each other, and wake up together the next day, no one holds a grudge. Sometimes I can't believe he puts up with ME!!

I have 2 kids, and they are both GOOD kids. Sure, they try my patience now and then, but I don't think as bad as I tried my parents when I was a kid. A boy and a girl, they call that the Million Dollar Family.

I have the only lifestyle that I have ever wanted. The job I love. How many people can say that. If there is one thing I can say is that there is no other way that I would want to live my life. Sure more money would be great, but so long as I have enough I am happy.

I have the support of so many wonderful people both in my community that I have know for all or most of my life. And I have the support of so many great people that I have met on this and several other forums.

I have a good health system that I don't have to worry about. I don't have to worry about paying for it either. Dr's that are moving me into the system as fast as they can. And who I trust will help me get healthy again in short order!!

I have my faith, which while it is not as devout as some of you, I still have. I know God is there, and that gives me peace.

So, with all this, what more can one really ask for??

I know you are worried, who wouldnt be. I know I was. I am sure all will bo A-OK. all of us are praying for you. God bless and best wishes.
~Tom.

Randi, I think you answered your own question. What else is there? Well I guess the only thing better than living a good life is KNOWING it. Great post, you summed it up very well.

You're going to beat it. I just know it.

What's that old saying, what doesn't kill you will make you stronger? You are already on your way.

well said randi.it takes alot of courage to go through what your going through.an you have a great family tobe beside you.

Thanks, guys!! I guess I didn't really make the point of this post clear, :lol: , not that I mind the support again, but more I was just looking at the great things I have, and how my life has been just about exactly what I wanted, and I wouldn't want to change what I have. I guess what I was really wondering is how many of you have a life/lifestyle that for the most part you wouldn't want to change. I realize that we all have things that we would like to be different, for example, right now I wouldn't mind if we lived in oh, say, Florida :lol: :lol: . But, I'm talking about the BIG things in life......So what are the things in your life that you are thankful for? It's amazing how just writing them down, regardless of whether its on here, or just on a piece of paper puts your life in perspective!!

randiliana":1bs4t1yr said:
Thanks, guys!! I guess I didn't really make the point of this post clear, :lol: , not that I mind the support again, but more I was just looking at the great things I have, and how my life has been just about exactly what I wanted, and I wouldn't want to change what I have. I guess what I was really wondering is how many of you have a life/lifestyle that for the most part you wouldn't want to change. I realize that we all have things that we would like to be different, for example, right now I wouldn't mind if we lived in oh, say, Florida :lol: :lol: . But, I'm talking about the BIG things in life......So what are the things in your life that you are thankful for? It's amazing how just writing them down, regardless of whether its on here, or just on a piece of paper puts your life in perspective!!

There's too much to be thankful for to list it all. Probably the most important thing is family.

As for the other, to me it is a journey. There is no finish line. It is hard to explain but there is a lot I want to do.

Things that were important or valued 20 to 30 years ago are not all that significant now. Somethings I used to take for granted are highly valued now. For instance tools made by my granddad or dad. Blankets or paintings made by my mom/grandmothers. They are all gone.

Latest posts