Livestock scales

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
What brand of livestock scale do you use and how do you like it? Problems?

Thanks

dun

Have had a Tru-test SR 2000 for about 8 years. The only time it ever quit working, I sent it back and they fixed it in record time without charge.

I think the most important part is the load bars though.

We use Gallagher platform scales . No problems so far.

I agree with Mike it's the load bars that make the scale .

It will weigh up to 4400 lbs.

I was hoping someone was using one of the off brand discount jobs. The price for tru-test and gallagher are a bit steep for the few times a year we weigh. Guess I'll just keep borrowing the scale from the 4H/FFA/Ag program at school

dun":1jzr4vp1 said:
What brand of livestock scale do you use and how do you like it? Problems?

Thanks

dun

We use an old Paul scale. It's not electronic, but it works fine. We advertised that we were looking in the state-wide REC paper and had several calls. The guy we bought them from had been in the registered business when his kids were in high school and they were just setting around. We did have to drive quite a distance to pick them up.

Keep an eye on Ebay. We bought our Gallagher indicator, new in the box, for a third what they sell for normally. Load bars we bought on sale during the Stock Show.

Dun,

We purchased a set Massload scales last year. Seem to be doing very well so far. At under $1000 they are quite a bit cheaper than tru-test and gallagher.

http://www.massload.com/

I see they have gone up somewhat since we bought them, but still about $1300

Haven't even heard of this brand. Thanks for the info

Keep them coming please

Troy is also pretty helpful if you need advice about which load bars and indicator, etc.

6M Ranch":pm5cxncj said:
Keep an eye on Ebay. We bought our Gallagher indicator, new in the box, for a third what they sell for normally. Load bars we bought on sale during the Stock Show.

I bought a Model 600 indicator off Ebay for $152. Now if I can just scrounge up enough for the loadbars...

cfpinz

cfpinz":dlqpe2g2 said:
6M Ranch":dlqpe2g2 said:

I bought a Model 600 indicator off Ebay for $152. Now if I can just scrounge up enough for the loadbars...

cfpinz

I figured by now you'ld fabricated a pair out of the spare parts from some of you're vehicles!

dun":1l45tu1p said:
cfpinz":1l45tu1p said:
6M Ranch":1l45tu1p said:

cfpinz

I figured by now you'ld fabricated a pair out of the spare parts from some of you're vehicles!

Two more trucks and I'll never have to mow the yard again!

cfpinz":25d3dluj said:
6M Ranch":25d3dluj said:

cfpinz

I thought we got a good deal!!!

Latest posts