Livestock fan?

Help Support CattleToday:

Sullivan's, Hamm's, or Elite, or Northern Tool and Grainger have good fans also.

Cowboy 2.0":cbaw7pwy said:
Sullivan's, Hamm's, or Elite, or Northern Tool and Grainger have good fans also.
If you contact them you might could get a used one, too. I know the sell some used supplies...like clippers and blowers.

Don't buy a brand new one then... we got a surpirze on our bill when we found out they said the fan was 275 not 75 bucks... and now it dosn't work beacuse my heifer ate off the cord. :mad:

We have two big box fand going right now and we have some old fans from a chicken farm that will blow the hair off a calf :lol:

Grand Chaser":i6asqndj said:
and now it dosn't work beacuse my heifer ate off the cord. :mad:

YOu can replace the cords. We have a friend who is letting us use his fan. His steers ate the cord off too but we replaced them.

Tabor":51zzr10b said:
Grand Chaser":51zzr10b said:

YOu can replace the cords. We have a friend who is letting us use his fan. His steers ate the cord off too but we replaced them.

or you can get you grandpa to electrical tape it back together ;-) (he used to work for Florida power and light electric company)

Grand Chaser":2xnphtl2 said:
Tabor":2xnphtl2 said:
Grand Chaser":2xnphtl2 said:

or you can get you grandpa to electrical tape it back together ;-) (he used to work for Florida power and light electric company)

I hope you are joking about taping it together. The cost to replace a cord is cheaper than the risk you're taking with makeshift equipment.

You are right Chris. I was clipping for someone and was using their clippers and they had taped the cord back together, I put the cord across my back and all of a sudden zap, the tape had come undone and it shocked the fire out of me.

Chris H":1lhrmjlr said:
Grand Chaser":1lhrmjlr said:
Tabor":1lhrmjlr said:
Grand Chaser":1lhrmjlr said:

I hope you are joking about taping it together. The cost to replace a cord is cheaper than the risk you're taking with makeshift equipment.

actually thats the only thing we have taped back together. and the cord is out of reach of the calves now also. but Cowboy 2.0 i would never tape my clippers back together. and my grandpa knows what he is doing it's not like i went out there and rigged it back together myself .

Today we went an got 2 of those 18" wall fans from TSC.
Has anyone used them before? They will be used in the barn to circulate the air an the misters. They seem to blow pretty good.

Cowboy 2.0":2xqywxkj said:
You are right Chris. I was clipping for someone and was using their clippers and they had taped the cord back together, I put the cord across my back and all of a sudden zap, the tape had come undone and it shocked the fire out of me.

SMART thinkin

Latest posts