Livestock Dryer

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Does anybody know someone who might have a used one for sale?

It is for our 4-H club. We have 3 known kids that are raising lambs, steer and bred heifer.
Just had 2 more kids join not sure if they are going to do any livestock.

The reason we are looking is last fall when our oldest lamb member was showing the novice's how to wash, dry and clip their lambs he used a dryer that was out for anybody to use.
I found out last night that the jerk, that shoved those panels into me and my daughter, pulled him aside and chewed him out telling him that those dryers were for cattle only.

I did find a new one on e-bay for $379.00 but I don't know much about them.

Thanks sim. Gave them a call and it would cost $300 which included the cost to ship it out here.
Too bad they don't have the hot pink one, think that one would be hard to hide if stolen. :lol2:

Glad I could help. So this is for your 4-H club, is it going to be like a shared thing for them to use at the fair or something like that?

Yes.
The jerk doesn't like the lambs in that barn and makes sure everyone knows it.
Our club would be willing to share with anyone as long as it is returned.

The used ones from Sullivan's have been gone through and work well, just make sure to get an extra filter and keep them cleaned out when using the blower.
Tell the kids that they must unplug it at the outlet not just pull on the cord, helps them last. They also want to turn it on and off with their hands and not their feet, (switches get a little cr@py the other way)

The thing to do is find out if Sullivan's will be at a show near you and have them bring the blower to the show, you can pick it up there and avoid the shipping cost.

and if something does break on it they sell parts and it's not to much cost to fix ( but motors cost a fair amount).

Thank you for all that great info. :D :D
I will bring it up with the club at our next meeting.
I have never seen Sullivan's here, so it looks like we will have to have it shipped.

Believe it or not, I just found mine at Home Depot! It is a RIDGID 12 gallon wet/dry vacuum with detachable 170 MPH leaf blower. Works perfectly for blowing out cattle's coats. Light weight with 20 foot extension cord and about 6 foot hose. On sale here in Houston, TX for $49!! Best deal I have found in a long time! I would definitely check around to see if it is on sale near you! :banana:

Latest posts