Little League World Series

Help Support CattleToday:

TLCfromARK

Reaction score
Anybody else following the series? Georgia has a really fine team, I've watched them for several games. Looks like they're set to go with their best pitcher in the finals tomorrow.

;-)

TLCfromARK":1wzii3w1 said:
Anybody else following the series? Georgia has a really fine team, I've watched them for several games. Looks like they're set to go with their best pitcher in the finals tomorrow.

;-)

From Columbus.

Wewild":i61c65u2 said:
TLCfromARK":i61c65u2 said:

;-)

From Columbus.

I'll take that as a yes, then.

;-)

Are them Japan kids shaving again? Funny how a people known for being on the short side usually have such tall kids to play in the World Series.

Yes, we watch. Love to watch kids play baseball. Its hard to watch when they lose, but they get over it. All my boys took time away from chores to play LL Baseball.

A team from Louisville won that thing a couple years ago. It had to be a great experience for the kids. The city treated them like royalty for several weeks. Most of 20,000 people came out to welcome them home.
Go Columbus!

I've never gotten usedto that "tink" sound when the ball hits the bat.

dun

I haven't been paying much attention to the series; but there was a little blurb in the paper today about a kid from Saudi Arabia that was 6'8" and 256 lbs. Pretty big kid for only 13 years old. Of course a there were a lot of whispers about the kid being older than that.

The same article mentioned that a kid from Staten Island was caught on tape dropping the F-bomb and the coach slapped the kid. Then the espn or whoever was doing the broadcast figured they better go to a 5 second delay like they do for pro sports.

Good stuff.

I watched all the games I could catch on tv. I coached in little league from the beginning of my sons playing till he entered high school. I also umpired for several years. I did see the game that new york had the little mishap in. I don't think it should be overrated as it was just the excitement of the game that caused it. I also never thought it was a wise decision to place mics on the coaches.

Hat's off and Congratulations to the lil fellers from Columbus, Ga.
What a game that was. Edge of you're seat kinda stuff. That kid that came in to relieve the starting pitcher was awesome. :clap: :clap: :clap:

One thing I always wondered about, when you see Japan in the Little League World Series. Do you think that might be the best 9 kids in all of Japan kind of like an Olympic team of youth? Versus American teams it is the best 9 kids within a certain Local little league district.

warpaint what relief are you talking about. There wasn't a relief pitcher in the final game.

aplusmnt":39w9ilhn said:
One thing I always wondered about, when you see Japan in the Little League World Series. Do you think that might be the best 9 kids in all of Japan kind of like an Olympic team of youth? Versus American teams it is the best 9 kids within a certain Local little league district.

I believe that there's a limit, (20,000 population I think) in a district to choose from. If a city or area has more than that number they have to split into two or more different leagues (Hometown East/West leagues). Only the players within each league can be eligible for that all star team. That's the reason the team from the Philippines had to forfeit the title several years ago, they had too large a pool of players to choose from.

At least thats the way it was several years ago when I was involved while the kids worked their way through. I spent 14 years coaching, umpiring and serving on the local board.

We can all be proud of all the U.S. teams that made the series, the competion gets really tough once you get out of your local district. Georgia had a outstanding team and played well all through the series.

;-)

Latest posts