Little HOSS aims, shoots and SCORES!

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
Little HOSS just turned 8 a few days ago. Saturday he got a nice birthday gift. His first deer. A nice fat doe for the freezer. He was sure proud of it and I am proud of him. He made a difficult shot out of the wrong side of the blind. The hit was too far back but he didn't get squeamish on the follow up shot after we tracked it down. He is all pumped up about going again. I might have created a monster :D

Congrats to little Hoss and big Hoss. I'd say your excitement mirrored his.

My 8 yr old harvested a button buck Saturday evening. It wasn't his first deer but we were both plenty excited. His also required a follow up shot. While I hated that he had to shoot again it sure provided an excellent opportunity for a hunting as well as a life lesson. I was very proud of the way he handled himself.

Kingfisher":3ncgucm7 said:
Cool! Please have him turn that gun away from himself and others..

Sort of an optical illusion. The gun slid over when he picked up the head. It is actually to his left and passed him. And of course it is unloaded. Thanks for the concern! :tiphat:

Congrats to both of you!! There is something truly special about passing down the traditions of hunting. I hope you enjoy many years of hunts together!!

I love to see youngsters have a good hunt. I well remember my first deer and my sons first deer, now I hope to get to see my grandson get his first deer someday, but I got a wait before I can see that being he is only 10 days old.

Latest posts