little boy

Help Support CattleToday:

It would be easy to let yourself feel sorry for them if not for the events of the 4 years preceding the dropping of that bomb. How many more Americans would have died trying to take the Japanese homeland. For that matter how many Japanese both civilian and militery would have died. Maybe a million or more. We would have carpet bombed them into the stone age if neccessry.

3waycross":3ackvvxz said:
It would be easy to let yourself feel sorry for them if not for the events of the 4 years preceding the dropping of that bomb. How many more Americans would have died trying to take the Japanese homeland. For that matter how many Japanese both civilian and militery would have died. Maybe a million or more. We would have carpet bombed them into the stone age if neccessry.

3 way I can't confirm it but have always been told that the purple hearts given out in all the wars since WWII were all made at the time the military thought an invasion of the Japanese homeland would be necessary so they made up huge numbers of them. Wonder how many they still have unused ?? That should give us some idea of what it would have cost.

TexasBred":15d29s7y said:
3waycross":15d29s7y said:

3 way I can't confirm it but have always been told that the purple hearts given out in all the wars since WWII were all made at the time the military thought an invasion of the Japanese homeland would be necessary so they made up huge numbers of them. Wonder how many they still have unused ?? That should give us some idea of what it would have cost.

Nearly 500,000 Purple Heart medals were manufactured in anticipation of the casualties resulting from the invasion of Japan. To the present date, all the American military casualties of the sixty years following the end of World War II—including the Korean and Vietnam Wars—have not exceeded that number. In 2003, there were still 120,000 of these Purple Heart medals in stock. There are so many in surplus that combat units in Iraq and Afghanistan are able to keep Purple Hearts on-hand for immediate award to wounded soldiers on the field.

3waycross":369jygkb said:
well, i guess the older i get the more history means,,

alacattleman":2uvqacd7 said:
3waycross":2uvqacd7 said:

I don't disagree with you a bit. I just don't feel sorry for the Japanese. All of my family that fought in the war but one , fought in the Pacific. I have heard the stories my whole life.

The sad part about History is we never seem to tire of repeating out mistakes.

3waycross":5vioabnq said:
alacattleman":5vioabnq said:
3waycross":5vioabnq said:

I don't disagree with you a bit. I just don't feel sorry for the Japanese. All of my family that fought in the war but one , fought in the Pacific. I have heard the stories my whole life.

i understand that its the power and destruction that bomb

3waycross":3u6o2k7z said:
alacattleman":3u6o2k7z said:
3waycross":3u6o2k7z said:

You speak true. We never learn and they never forget.