Listen............Can you hear it?

Help Support CattleToday:

Nowland Farms

Reaction score

If you are quite you can hear it....................

No, I'm not crazy. You can almost hear the grass in the fescue pasture growing since it has been in the 60s here for the last week or so.

Friday afternoon I got my soil sample results back and was going to wait a week or two before I fertlized the pasture. When I looked at the forcast it called for rain Saturday night and 65degree weather for the next 2 weeks. I decided to go ahead and fertlize Friday afternoon. I put down a custom blended fertlizer based on my soil samples. I believe it was
18-16-16 and ran about $340 per ton. Several other folks inn my area fertlized this week.

If the good LORD is willing, I will be cutting hay around the 3rd week in May.

The only thing I can hear is the sleet bouncing off my window. Thanks for rubbing it in!

cfpinz

Yep, I can almost hear it and feel it too. It's been great here all last week and forecast looks pretty good this week also. Arkansas caught it storm wise though!

All I can hear is the mud sucking at the cows feet and the grass gasping for air.

dun

Nowland Farms":tgod75t6 said:

If you are quite you can hear it....................

No, I'm not crazy. You can almost hear the grass in the fescue pasture growing since it has been in the 60s here for the last week or so.

Friday afternoon I got my soil sample results back and was going to wait a week or two before I fertlized the pasture. When I looked at the forcast it called for rain Saturday night and 65degree weather for the next 2 weeks. I decided to go ahead and fertlize Friday afternoon. I put down a custom blended fertlizer based on my soil samples. I believe it was
18-16-16 and ran about $340 per ton. Several other folks inn my area fertlized this week.

If the good LORD is willing, I will be cutting hay around the 3rd week in May.

I think I can hear it but it must be growing downward. Don't see much on topside yet! :lol:

Nowland Farms,

I listened and all I could hear was wind and when I looked out the window, all I saw was blowing snow. Keep rubbing it in. :D

Dusty Britches":1h0ytp12 said:
Ditto, that, MillIron.

It has been 7 weeks since we've seen rain. Lots of days that we thought it would, but never did.
Ditto here as well. Spent a bunch of money on seed, got the seeder ready to go. Now I'm having second thoughts. It could be a very challenging summer.

I hope we're (Texans) not hearing more of what we've been getting over the last two years.

I did have oats come up from the December and January rains, but I got overzealous and disced my coastal thinking it would come back better. Now after several promises of rain have come and gone, I'm afraid that we're back to the drought and my coastal will not survive it.

Lord, I'm ready for some easier times!

A6gal":2xkbr9oc said:

When you approach your senior 60's you'll realize that there are more abnormal years then what people think are normal

dun

dun":11vr2jn3 said:
A6gal":11vr2jn3 said:

When you approach your senior 60's you'll realize that there are more abnormal years then what people think are normal

dun

Thanks for the encouraging words Dun! :lol:

Even if we have a very good summer grass wise I think it'll be awhile around here before we see much of a drop in hay prices. My feed store is already trying to convey that message to thier customers. All the storehouses have been used up around here. Enough doom and gloom though, it is getting warmer and we were blessed with some rain. Dun, did yall get much of the storm last Saturday that hit Arkansas? Hope not.

rc":348hvok5 said:
Dun, did yall get much of the storm last Saturday that hit Arkansas? Hope not.

Naw just some rain and 45 mph winds. Helped knock down some of the widowmakers anyway.

dun

Rod.

I can see it, hear it, touch it, and smell it.

I'm ready for Spring..........................

The only thing green around here is me. I'm so jealous. I'm looking out my window at a 15 foot pile of snow. We have so much snow here, it won't melt before July. We have only had 2 days in the past 30 that the temp. has reached 32. My daughter living in Houston calls every day to rub it in. Green grass is just a dream or a memory.

Latest posts