Limousin/LimFlex Bull Photos

Help Support CattleToday:

limftw

Reaction score
That time of the year again! Pretty happy with how all our bulls are shaping up save for a few. Took some mineral tubs to the feedlot the other day and was able to snap a few photos. The clipped bulls we have here at the house, plan on taking them to the Four States Ag Expo this March. All feedback is welcome! All bulls pictured are late February to Early March birth dates.

GSAC 562A 75% Lim 25%AN

GSAC 41A PB LIM

PJMC 54A PB LIM

TL U13 19% Lim 81%AN (Commercial)

GSAC 703A 75%LIM 25%AN

Guess I don't know what a limflex and limo is supposed to look like. Not being disrespectful, but I wouldn't want them in my operation. What is the advantage in the breed? Not sure what a limFlex even is. Tell us about them. gs

Your bulls look like they are gonna be ready for that date in March. Glad to see ya'll are at least kinda dry. My bulls over at Pot O Gold in Olathe are dealing with some real mudd. No sickness though so that's a good thing.

None taken plumber_greg, all i can say is they work well for our operation. Limousin are a French breed known for their muscling and high yield grades. "Lim-Flex" is the breed association's term for registered Limousin x Angus.

Quite proud of that corral myself, oilfield tubing and hog panels!

Thanks for the kind words 3Way, we were worried they would be a little small because we didn't get them on feed till a week before Christmas but they are just now starting to get a little bloom. We have the majority of our bulls at Cuban's feedlot in Olathe... i was suprised to see the bulls weren't coated in mud! Pot'O'Gold sale is the 28th right? I might see ya there, need to get out of Nucla and do a bit of socializing!

limftw":3lfo7gsg said:
None taken plumber_greg, all i can say is they work well for our operation. Limousin are a French breed known for their muscling and high yield grades. "Lim-Flex" is the breed association's term for registered Limousin x Angus.

Quite proud of that corral myself, oilfield tubing and hog panels!

Thanks for the kind words 3Way, we were worried they would be a little small because we didn't get them on feed till a week before Christmas but they are just now starting to get a little bloom. We have the majority of our bulls at Cuban's feedlot in Olathe... i was suprised to see the bulls weren't coated in mud! Pot'O'Gold sale is the 28th right? I might see ya there, need to get out of Nucla and do a bit of socializing!

Look me up if you make it. I will be there from Wed morning till after the sale on Friday. I guess ours are at the Denham feedlot.

plummer greg , why dont you wont them in your operation , tell us what is wrong with them , I thought they were a mighty fine pen of bulls.

I not a cattle judge, don't even try to. Understand that, and the fact that I don't know what I'm talkin' about. To me, the first two bulls just look too, maybe femime"? I like the back leg muscle in the second pic, just don't care for that type of body. Had a neighbor that raised cattle that looked like that, always thought they looked like a 50 gal. barrel on four legs. Maybe that's why I'm not liking them, remind me of his.
In the last shot, anyone has to like the black bull's butt. The one that is walking away.
If I had to pick any I would want it to be the limo in the third pic. I thought limoflex was limo'/angus, wasn't sure. There are none around here I know of. The commercial bull I wouldn't even look at.
Again limftw, I can't even talk the same language someone like 3-way or Kernsie talks and never meant for a second to insult you and your bulls. Was also drinking Captian and Coke last nite. Good luck, and I like your corral too. gs

tamarack":3cd4kx1v said:
Nice looking bulls ! What kind of ration are they on to get them ready? I am feeding my shorthorns for the same kind of deal.
Corn silage, corn, protein pellets, and a little bit of alfalfa hay.

plumber_greg":3cd4kx1v said:
I not a cattle judge, don't even try to. Understand that, and the fact that I don't know what I'm talkin' about. To me, the first two bulls just look too, maybe femime"? I like the back leg muscle in the second pic, just don't care for that type of body. Had a neighbor that raised cattle that looked like that, always thought they looked like a 50 gal. barrel on four legs. Maybe that's why I'm not liking them, remind me of his.
In the last shot, anyone has to like the black bull's butt. The one that is walking away.
If I had to pick any I would want it to be the limo in the third pic. I thought limoflex was limo'/angus, wasn't sure. There are none around here I know of. The commercial bull I wouldn't even look at.
Again limftw, I can't even talk the same language someone like 3-way or Kernsie talks and never meant for a second to insult you and your bulls. Was also drinking Captian and Coke last nite. Good luck, and I like your corral too. gs
Again none taken plumber, everyone has their likes/dislikes in this business and that is what makes the world go 'round.

Randy,I know there are limo breeders close by. But I haven't heard the word limflex around here, maybe never. I go to a lot of places, one of the best parts of my job is getting to see others operations, and don't think I have heard anyone say," That's a limflex."
Also, I am part of the crowd that can only think of the crazies that limosuin used to be. I know a lot of you guys have bred that out, and I see them all the time at different breeders. I will just always remember seeing some beautiful limos at one place calving. Three or four in separate pens in the barn where I was working on the waterer. Good thing the pens were 7' tall and bull strong. Glad you all corrected that. Someday you will have to tell me where the crazy came from, and how you were able to breed it out and why it was bred in in the first place. Sorry don't want to hijack. gs

I am confused We used a black limi bull on our cows the last 3 years and didn't have any problems. But everyone I hear says how crazy they are I always thought the French limousins were so docile? what happened between there's and ours that they got so hyper?

today , i will put limi docility equal to and better than alot of angus , however, there were a few bad bloodlines that come out throught the 70's that were pretty high strung , they came from about 2 or 3 of the first bulls that were sent over here , most fullblood bulls were docile ,However since they were some of the first to come over to the states , they got heavily used thus causing alot of temperment in alot of progeny , but i can assure you the limousin of today has no docility problem

Farmforever, he's right. Haven't seen one of those crazies for years. Most docility now is on even par in about all the breeds. Maybe the polled Hereford is still the calmest. Remember the GlenKirk cowboys telling me they were bred stupid, that's why they're so calm. Don't think that's right, but that's what they said. gs

Latest posts