Liming prices

Help Support CattleToday:

mhill

Reaction score
What is the going rate for your areas for custom lime spreading per acre (includes lime and spreading)?

$20 or $22 a ton last October. Talked with the guy that does my spreading earlier this month to get him lined out to come here at the end of the month and he asked if I was needing lime cause he was having problems getting any. Did not even ask what that meant in dollars!

J

alacattleman":2om01scj said:
Ranchcop":2om01scj said:
Way to much! You should not even have to use it!
Brad
how do you figure this?

He probably figures kelp and whale poop will solve all the soil needs

dun

alacattleman":1mgskurv said:
Ranchcop":1mgskurv said:
Brad
how do you figure this?
Some of that NE Texas soil is black clay, high in calcium. Maybe that's what he means. I remember living there as a teenager and picking up fossilized seashells after a heavy rain. Same kind of clay soil in our Black Belt area here in Alabama.

J. T.":1thqw9oq said:
alacattleman":1thqw9oq said:
Ranchcop":1thqw9oq said:
Brad
how do you figure this?
Some of that NE Texas soil is black clay, high in calcium. Maybe that's what he means. I remember living there as a teenager and picking up fossilized seashells after a heavy rain. Same kind of clay soil in our Black Belt area here in Alabama.
That could be but to tell someone else they dont need it when he don't even know there soil ph level :hat:

Ranchcop is referring to different management practices. My ph stays around 6.2 to 6.8. Never have needed to lime. Took me a few years to get it there though. Across the fence 5.0 to 5.4 if they're lucky. Some folks are stuck in a box. The rest of us got out of the box and aren't going back.

Bluestem":1msktfdv said:
Ranchcop is referring to different management practices. My ph stays around 6.2 to 6.8. Never have needed to lime. Took me a few years to get it there though. Across the fence 5.0 to 5.4 if they're lucky. Some folks are stuck in a box. The rest of us got out of the box and aren't going back.
Im the first one to believe in building up soil fertility. If you had have used lime in the first place it being the cheapest element i wonder how long it would have took you to get your soil ph in the 6's :?:

alacattleman":398vwrol said:
J. T.":398vwrol said:
alacattleman":398vwrol said:
Ranchcop":398vwrol said:
Brad
how do you figure this?
That could be but to tell someone else they dont need it when he don't even know there soil ph level :hat:
I did not say that "he don't need it" I said that You should not even have to use it.

Texan":1fc4m8ql said:
dun":1fc4m8ql said:
He probably figures kelp and whale poop will solve all the soil needs
Probably get more poop out of a flounder than a whale, Dun.
Whale poop, now there is something that I have not tried yet. Anyone want to go out and collect some?

J. T.":hhwjqbqe said:
alacattleman":hhwjqbqe said:
Ranchcop":hhwjqbqe said:
Brad
how do you figure this?
Nope we have sandy land here. We dont use chemicals so the soil does not need lime.

alacattleman":1bcrbguc said:
you must not have cattle or hay equipment because it hard to take from the soil and not put nutriaints back
Wrong again, you do not have to put on NPK granular fertilizer, herbicide, pesticide, and lime to produce cattle and hay. I was just talking to a man yesterday that is right here in east texas that uses organics. He has one pasture that is 10 acres that has 20 momma cows and produces enough grass to feed them all and the momma and calves are very healthy. So I guess it can be done without chemicals.

Latest posts