Liberal Problems

Help Support CattleToday:

Did you notice the little white shed was still there? Everyone has to blame someone for stuff.
Here in Florida. I never understood how I could live in a state that is 3/4's surrounded by water with tons of lakes and canals and other bodies of water and lots of technology and still have drought problems.. Did the ocean dry up too? If the people on Survivor can make the sea water potable why can't we? On a larger scale of course. The icebergs are melting and if we can some how process sea water and send ti to areas that need more water to prevent crops from dying ect.. why can't we do it?

As in most places in the west, the water will eventually be owned and treated like property. Unless the state or fed Gov decrees minimum flows, the salmon will need to find another river.

Shantilly":1vhhef9i said:
Did you notice the little white shed was still there? Everyone has to blame someone for stuff.
Here in Florida. I never understood how I could live in a state that is 3/4's surrounded by water with tons of lakes and canals and other bodies of water and lots of technology and still have drought problems.. Did the ocean dry up too? If the people on Survivor can make the sea water potable why can't we? On a larger scale of course. The icebergs are melting and if we can some how process sea water and send ti to areas that need more water to prevent crops from dying ect.. why can't we do it?
Just to get an idea of how much desalinated water it would take to be a "drought breaker", it takes 27,154 gallons of water to equal a 1" rainfall on just ONE acre--that's one acre inch.
For one sq mile to get the equivalent of a 1" rain, it will take 17,378,560 gallons of desalinated water.

3waycross":27tf1uf6 said:
As in most places in the west, the water will eventually be owned and treated like property. Unless the state or fed Gov decrees minimum flows, the salmon will need to find another river.

What "will eventually"? Is there any water in the west that isn't treated like property now? And the government has already decreed minimum flows on every stream that I know of. What I find to be funny here is that the government is not going after them for the illegal pot plantations but for the illegal use of water.

Dave":2e4kinag said:
3waycross":2e4kinag said:

What "will eventually"? Is there any water in the west that isn't treated like property now? And the government has already decreed minimum flows on every stream that I know of. What I find to be funny here is that the government is not going after them for the illegal pot plantations but for the illegal use of water.

The way i read the article they were using water that was undecreed. I know how water rights work. I grew up guarding the division box with a shotgun.

greybeard":3qiov3ba said:
Just to get an idea of how much desalinated water it would take to be a "drought breaker", it takes 27,154 gallons of water to equal a 1" rainfall on just ONE acre--that's one acre inch.
For one sq mile to get the equivalent of a 1" rain, it will take 17,378,560 gallons of desalinated water.

Mercy. I think you would get more water just watching a glacier melt. :shock:

TexasBred":3is0fsir said:
greybeard":3is0fsir said:

Mercy. I think you would get more water just watching a glacier melt. :shock:

I was pumping around 400 gpm out of an irrigation pump back during one of the droughts. 400 gallons seems like a lot of water. You have to pump it all day long to put an inch on a 12 acre patch of grass. When a storm blows across and dumps 2 inches of rain, you gain a whole new respect for the energy in the clouds.

Latest posts