Liability insurance

Help Support CattleToday:

7fatcows

Reaction score
Does anyone know of an insurance company that I can get liability insurance with for 6 cows? I already have the cows insured for accidental death but that company does not offer liability.

I have my farm, house, vehicles, equipment, hay and cows insured with Allied aka nationwide agri business on one single farm policy. Good rates.

My home and farms are all on one policy. Your agent needs to know what you are doing on your farm so that you are protected.
CSM

I will try nationwide. Most places I've went to want to insure my cows with my home policy.

Welcome to the forum. Where are you? I have mine with Germania, but I'm pretty sure they're only in my part of Texas.

If you live on the farm either a farm and ranch owners policy or a stand alone farm liability policy will do the job. If don't live on farm and you have a homeowners policy the cheapest way will be a farm liability endorsement to the HO policy. If HO company won't write farm liability endorsement then either buy stand alone farm liability policy or find HO carrier that will write farm liability endorsement. Farm Bureau and Nationwide are the biggest farm writers.

BTW-your general location would be helpful. Will get better responses if that is known. Not all insurance carriers write in all states/areas.

My ranch and automotive policies are with State Farm. Also have an umbrella liability over and above that.

FWIW as far as insurance on livestock loss I only insured bulls I purchased, never insured cows. Eventually quit insuring the bulls.

An outfit called State Auto. I was with another for most of my life. They decided I was bad luck, and cut me loose. I am only insured for liability. It's so cheap, I can't even tell ya how much it is. It's just lumped in with all my other coverage. I'd personally be afraid to run livestock here without liability.

Workinonit Farm":2pk45998 said:
I have my farm/home-owners-liability policy with Farm bureau. God policy good rates.

I don't like Farm bureau ,at least in Okla., we had our F & R policy with them pulse several rental properties, till we had one of these good old Okla. hail storms come through and they had to replace 12 roofs. they dumped us like a bag of rocks. So now we are with AFR and some of our houses are with State Farm.

If you own property and also lease property do you have to have a separate policy on each property or will a blanket policy cover all properties?
I have a blanket policy that covers all places, but I was told by someone who is an ISR that each needs its own policy.

cowboy43":e8j3319m said:
If you own property and also lease property do you have to have a separate policy on each property or will a blanket policy cover all properties?
I have a blanket policy that covers all places, but I was told by someone who is an ISR that each needs its own policy.

My policy covers all farms but each location has to be listed. Not sure about others' policies.

cowboy43":1xeb2c7f said:
Depends on how the policy is written. Some agents are unscrupulous and will attempt to milk the cow for all she's worth. Some don;t even really have any idea what the he-- their talking about.

I'm having trouble with this issue because my home is in TN and my farm is in GA. We have another farm in FL.

djswin":1p2wlrgv said:
I'm having trouble with this issue because my home is in TN and my farm is in GA. We have another farm in FL.
Is it because of state lines and different state statutes and regs?
Many people here have cows and property separated by hundreds of miles with no problem but it is all in the state.

My home owner's policy is with State Farm and they want to write my cars, autos if they are going to write my farm. Since the TN agents can't write in GA and the GA agents can't write my home/autos then they want no part of it.