Let's have a conversation about DOCILITY

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Putangitangi said:
************* said:
5S Cattle said:
:lol2: You grabbed his nuts! You really leaned down and fondled a bulls nuts! Oh man this is great that you volunteer this kind of info about yourself. :shock:

The things I do to entertain you folks. It's a thankless job most of the time.

I have to anticipate a lot on CT, and I figured it would be no time flat before I also heard, "he has a small scrotal" I just wanted to give you all a good look.

He's one of several that I can do that with. I think you can already imagine how he behaved during his semen test. The vet loved him.
Do you have a very large hand, or is it just a visual effect of the glove color? It does not make him or any part of him look especially impressive size-wise. You are obviously someone who wishes to gather attention.

He's a very small bull, only about 1800 pounds right now. Then again he is only around 16 months and calving ease.

I posted that video because his docility was in question. I have videos that are far more interesting of the cattle if attention was what I was after.

Some of the OCC stuff that I've been around have been the quietest cows I've worked with. Red Bull is dead on in that when you continue to go back to a certain type of cattle the numbers will always average back to certain individual sires. That's the problem with EPD's, they're just an average. With docility being 43% heritable it really doesn't take long to make huge strides but with high accuracy sires in the pedigree it drags that animal back to the average.
With more mainstream genetics you need to look at where they're being marketed to get a clear picture. For example: SAV Brilliance, lots of folks passed him over because of his docility score but he was marketed heavily to the show crowd so people would ding him when the calves were a little more than their six year old daughter could handle but in the real world where he was being bred to commercial cattle there really wasn't a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts