Let it slide?

Help Support CattleToday:

Should we let them continue to put down others or call them on it?

• Let them get away with it, ignore it and it will just go away

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Call them on it when they start up in a post

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

J

Reaction score
What should we do about those few that ruin this board for others? Mainly talking down to and belittling others because someone isn't as much of a "cattleman" as they claim to be. I don't think we should sugarcoat answers and in certain situations you have to be extra stern but in most cases here, simply stating your point tactfully and giving good advice/experiences is enough. We are all for the most part like minded people or else we wouldn't be here.

It's best to call them on it when they start being an a$$. But you know, there's always going to be those kind of folks around no matter what or where . They're always there.

My nature is to call them on it, but....that just leads to those long, out of control threads that end up with people getting their toes stepped on.

Maybe it would be better to just ignore it. Don't reply to it. Skip over it and explain to newcomers they should do the same. Pick out the information that applies and is helpful and ignore the trash talk. Sometimes it is amusing but most of the time it gets ridiculous.

thats a tough one. if you call them on it the board gets cluttered with seemingly useless bickering but if you ignore it continues too. neither really seems like a good solution to me.

Grow some thicker skin and don't let things get to you. You are never going to agree with any one person about everything. At some point folks have to agree to disagree about a few things.

What works for you may not work for me.

There will always be bullies.

Some just seem to want to agitate. If I let them agitate me, it is my own fault.

Sometimes I simply can't understand where some folks come from. Sometimes I truly no longer want to understand either.

All in all, the forum is good.

It's like most things in life, you just have to wade through the bad to get to the good. I need this board too much to leave because of a few comments. Besides, I'm such a greenhorn I don't even know when I'm being picked on. :D

ALACOWMAN":1r7rpgy6 said:
Im gonna give all the he!! i can . then when i think they have had enough im gonna turn the heat up. you got to go down swinging ;-)

I think I'm with you. Next time someone gets out of line for no good reason I'm gonna bring to their attention.

live and let live... you have to learn by our own mistakes, not others or you will never succeed. Grow a thick skin and take it on the chin, agree to disagree and don't let life get you down, as this is the real thing and not a dress rehersal. Enjoy yourself and be yourself, and life will be good. Hope you have a good one.

Seems to there is way more Whining about people than there is rude people! I try to read most of the threads and a comment or two here and there seem to pop up, but I just do not see it as big of a problem as all the whiners do!

Usually the arguments start when someone does not like what they hear, then it escalates.

I agree with backhoeboogie, grow some thicker skin! Then we can address the most serious problem on the board that is all the whining and being a victim. That liberal attitude is a cancer that spreads a lot faster than a few harsh and often deserved or needed words.

I have no choice, I type to slow. By the time I type what I was going to say, someone else has already said it and has been lambasted for saying it. :)

You know if I would have talked as slow I typed it would save me a lot of problems. By the time I get done typeing I really don't want say what I typed.

Does that make any sense? Of course not. But now that I typed it I'm gonna say it anyway. :)

aplusmnt":2yf21mi0 said:
Seems to there is way more Whining about people than there is rude people! I try to read most of the threads and a comment or two here and there seem to pop up, but I just do not see it as big of a problem as all the whiners do!

Usually the arguments start when someone does not like what they hear, then it escalates.

I agree with backhoeboogie, grow some thicker skin! Then we can address the most serious problem on the board that is all the whining and being a victim. That liberal attitude is a cancer that spreads a lot faster than a few harsh and often deserved or needed words.

Well said mister aplusmnt very well said.

If a comment by someone on the board be irritatin, then ya be takin things WAY too personal. Most of us never will be seein each other in person, nor knowin each others true ways, so what does it really matter? It only be a message board in cyberspace. It aint real life.

When I enter the corral or the pasture, I look where I step when I have my new boots on.

When I have my chore boots on, I like to kick cow piles over to see what's under them or to see what they are made of. Seems like I usually get a little on me.

When I turn in at night I reflect on what I saw that day. Some times I contemplate the kicks I got during the day and how many boots just quietly stepped over me.

Latest posts