Lessons not learned

Help Support CattleToday:

Weaver

Reaction score
Life gives you plenty of lessons and even though you may not make the right choice the first time, one would think that you would learn and not make that mistake again. It never fails though that when we have a big day on the farm and many things scheduled, that the night before there is always a big pow wow going on and the beer is flowing wonderfully. I always have a goal in mind to just drink a few and go home early and get plenty of sleep. This is where I keep messing up though because it seems every time I am walking in my house a couple hours before I am supposed to be getting up. Nights like those make a beautiful 80 degree day like today feel down right miserable. I think that I have learned my lesson this time though and won't ever do that again........maybe.

Just keep in mind how bad it hurts...and remember, the older you get, the worse it hurts. 8)

Alice

Ben Franklin said that insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. With that being said, be careful and like Alice said, it will only hurt worse in the future.

mdmdogs3":3gb9fxty said:
Alice":3gb9fxty said:
Just keep in mind how bad it hurts...and remember, the older you get, the worse it hurts. 8)

and the longer it takes to recuperate! :shock:

Oh, he11 ya'...!

Alice

The thing to keep in mind is that all those "lost" days you'll never get back. Makes a difference as you get older!

phew, i thought this was another wanna those bashing threads against disrespectful brats. thank god its not. the way ya'll talk about gettin old makes me apricate bein young. no matter how much i wish i was older.

cattleluvr18":r51spux0 said:
phew, i thought this was another wanna those bashing threads against disrespectful brats. thank god its not. the way ya'll talk about gettin old makes me apricate bein young. no matter how much i wish i was older.

You're on the right track!

never say never again until the next time. that falling down water is a killer. the older you get it seems the harder you fall.
but if you drink one pint of water for every beer, you are supposed to sobber up, but make sure you are near a toilet. ;-)

cattleluvr18":320ngmv7 said:

Believe me you want to stay as young as you can for as long as you can, funny how it just creeps up on you. I turned 42 on Sunday, and I wonder whoa where did all those years go, and boy did they go fast!!

Gail

One day my brother woke up and was an alcoholic. That was about 25 years ago. I woke up and saw what beer did to his life and didn't want to be like that. If only I would have been wise enough to put down the cigarettes too.

backhoeboogie":1jtgqxop said:
One day my brother woke up and was an alcoholic. That was about 25 years ago. I woke up and saw what beer did to his life and didn't want to be like that. If only I would have been wise enough to put down the cigarettes too.

There is still time, never too late to give up a habit!

Gail

backhoeboogie":4mfgha04 said:

Boogie, you know that Steve gave up the cigs after a 30+ year habit. You can, too. I quit after 7 years and it wasn't that hard. You just have to decide to quit and then do it.

My brother died an alcoholic and my surviving brother is still one. I think my late brother drank to overcome shyness in tech school and it became habit. If you recognize that drinking has become a limiting factor in your life, it might be time to consider giving it up.

i used to drink heavily every night in college. when i turned 25 something changed. the hangovers started hurting way more all of the sudden and i cant drink beer at all anymore. now, i'll have a cocktail or a glass of wine every once in a while but thats about all i can stand. used to, i'd go out at 11 and come in at 6 and go to work at 8. never again, lol.

GMN":dvjsswfn said:
cattleluvr18":dvjsswfn said:

Believe me you want to stay as young as you can for as long as you can, funny how it just creeps up on you. I turned 42 on Sunday, and I wonder whoa where did all those years go, and boy did they go fast!!

Gail

Happy Birthday for Sunday Gail, you share it with my Husband, he was 62.

Weaver, I know it took me many, many, many times to learn the lesson you are referring to and about two or three times a year I have to crack a seal and go worm huntin to remind myself why I don't drink anymore. ;-)

Jogeephus":2363w218 said:
Weaver, I know it took me many, many, many times to learn the lesson you are referring to and about two or three times a year I have to crack a seal and go worm huntin to remind myself why I don't drink anymore. ;-)

I promised myself that I would never allow myself to get stinkin drunk again. I can't stand the hangover. Knocks me out for the better part of the day. I might get a buzz, but no more of the college stuff. Know when to say when!

Take it from me,it's amazing how fast 20 years can go!! :shock:
I think I'm 25,until I try to stand and walk off :roll:
As for drunk,I hate the flu,so why would I give myself all the symptoms :lol: