Leftover Ham.....Recipes?

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Does anybody have recipes for leftover ham?
Just remember Hubby cannot eat dishes with lots of eggs as the base such as the Farmers omlet and quiche.

Just add two pieces of white bread, cheese, mayo, a litte tomater and some salt and pepper.....don't get no better than that.

Hoppin John, and I'm betting that's something you don't find on the menu everyday in Montana!

CKC1586":2dtvfu3o said:
dun":2dtvfu3o said:
Ham and scalloped potatos
Was gonna be my suggestion! One of my favorite dishes!!!!
My favorite is a big pot of slow cooked pinter beans with a lot of ham in it

ok i gotta ask,whats leftover ham lolol.around here i eat ham sandwiches an ham by its self till it gone.a big ham lasts here maybe 3 days then its gone.

dun round here they aint no ham scraps left for beans.so its just whats on the bone.

I have smoked ham hocks I use for making bean soup. Also use great northern beans. This only lasts for one meal though. ;-)
Will have to make that tomorrow for dinner using the ham though.

1. Ham into your favorite soup - yep
2. Ham and beans (though I prefer hocks and beans)
3. Fried ham steaks (that's if you have enough to make some nice slices) partnered with a potatoe of your likes
4. Stir-fried rice with chunks of ham
5. Grilled ham and cheese sandwiches (grilled in lots of butter for the bread)

LRTX1":147c4p1e said:
Just add two pieces of white bread, cheese, mayo, a litte tomater and some salt and pepper.....don't get no better than that.

I luv herfrds":147c4p1e said:
That sounds like something the kids and I can eat, but not him. Mayo.

Scratch Mayo insert mustard (lots of different kinds), Italian dressing, vinegar and oil, guacamole...Could even change the bread to something else...just a little imagination on this! ;-)

I like to cube up extra ham and make hash with it. Expecially good with both sweet and white potatoes. Start cooking the potatoes with the lid on the skillet, when they start to get tender add in onions, the diced ham, garlic, bell peppers if you like them. Cook the rest of the way uncovered, to your desired level of browning/crispiness. I like to use bbq rub for seasoning on this. I know it probably sounds odd but it really is good.

Latest posts