LED Light Kit Conversion

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Has any one done a led light kit conversion on an older tractor?

I saw the lights at JD but found them much more reasonable online. Just wondering if any one has done it and if they feel it was worth it. I debated putting a light bar on the tractor at one point but I like keeping the factory look.

Guy that I work for switched his 4450 JD to LED's and they are amazing to say the least. He used lights from JD and they were all direct replacement; no modifications at all. He plants with this tractor, then its on the grain cart in the fall, the difference is amazing. Theyre so "bright", I mean theres no yellowish as with regular incandescents. Thats what makes the big difference to me.

IHdonnie":1av6z073 said:
Guy that I work for switched his 4450 JD to LED's and they are amazing to say the least. He used lights from JD and they were all direct replacement; no modifications at all. He plants with this tractor, then its on the grain cart in the fall, the difference is amazing. Theyre so "bright", I mean theres no yellowish as with regular incandescents. Thats what makes the big difference to me.

Thanks. I watched the brand on the book the JD guy looked thru. When I went online they were a lot cheaper and list all the JD model number and every thing.

I might start buying a few here and there. To do the whole tractor in one shot it would be over a grand.

Brute what brand lights were they selling? I've got a 2440 that I'd really like to do. Haven't called dealer but found the round fender lights for about $60 each on amazon. There is even a set of two for something like $75. Just not sure how much I trust them.

In on this one for the info.

Our older tractors, we just did the light bars. We also added them to a couple of our grain trailers so when we were dumping into the auger from a field, our guys could see what they were doing.

Makes a huge difference and you can buy them pretty cheap. My husband also installed them on all his pickups. We buy off amazon, several different brands and all have been good quality.

I put a set of run-d cube lights on a older jd8420. The factory lights were getting very yellow and being able to see the ends of 24 row planter was difficult. Going on 2 years and they have been great

At the dealership I work at we sell A&I and Tigers as well as the Deere's. Haven't had any complaints with any besides one style that the mounting bracket keeps breaking on for a customer. A&I brand but they have warrantied everyone. People have really liked the skid steer conversions.

Latest posts