Least favorite?

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie

Reaction score
I know that Christmas music has been everywhere for the past month. I was wondering, what's your least favorite Christmas song? We all have our perinial least faves, like Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer, but what else is out there that you don't want to hear again???

For me, this is easy. It has to be The Little Drummer Boy, whose lyrics are stirring, but whose music makes me want to bash my head on the steering wheel. Par rumpumpumpum, anybody?

Right now I"m listening to Buck Owens singing "Blue Christmas Lights" .... that might be about as bad as it gets... just visualizing it makes me wanna barf..

Lammie":3qt8o2y5 said:
I know that Christmas music has been everywhere for the past month. I was wondering, what's your least favorite Christmas song? We all have our perinial least faves, like Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer, but what else is out there that you don't want to hear again???

For me, this is easy. It has to be The Little Drummer Boy, whose lyrics are stirring, but whose music makes me want to bash my head on the steering wheel. Par rumpumpumpum, anybody?

I have to say I agree with you on the drummer kid. That is a looooong song, or does it just seem like it?
Christmas season didn't start until I heard "Redneck 12 days of Christmas" When I heard it the second time I went into "bah-humbug" mode. I still haven't heard "grandma...................reindeer." I'm mostly listening to NPR.
I think the "alleluia chorus" is the one I could listen to a lot. It rocks.

MO_cows":1mj32zjg said:
For me the worst song is I Want a Hippopotumus for Christmas. Stupid song, annoying voice.

Me too and all those silly ones like it, it was funny the first thousand times, but if I never heard that again it would be fine with me.

Larry

larryshoat":3s9n31pv said:
MO_cows":3s9n31pv said:
For me the worst song is I Want a Hippopotumus for Christmas. Stupid song, annoying voice.

Me too and all those silly ones like it, it was funny the first thousand times, but if I never heard that again it would be fine with me.

Larry

Now Im humming it....thanks.... :lol:

ga.prime":1anv5v7x said:
I'm so tired of "My Favorite Things" by Julie Andrews and the van Trappes.

That is sooo weird! I was just singing that song the other day dragging a frozen hose into the house.

Jingle Bells. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause. All I Want For Christmas is My Two Front Teeth.
When I watch Rudolph (a must every year) I fast forward through the Misfit song. I just hate that little elf singing.lol

Most every commercial Christmas song is my least favorite---except for "Merry Christmas from the Family" by Robert Earl Keen. Now there's some good Christmas music.........

MistyMorning":2nvcuggo said:
ga.prime":2nvcuggo said:

That is sooo weird! I was just singing that song the other day dragging a frozen hose into the house.

Now there is a woman after my own heart, singing a song while dealing with a frozen hose :lol2: . I try to be optimistic, but I ain't that good :lol2:

Larry

larryshoat":24kkc4id said:
MistyMorning":24kkc4id said:
ga.prime":24kkc4id said:

Now there is a woman after my own heart, singing a song while dealing with a frozen hose :lol2: . I try to be optimistic, but I ain't that good :lol2:

Larry

Well Larry, I did change the words, A LOT!!!! ;-)

There's one about I want a goat for Christmas, too, that can get on the nerves fast.

"Santa, I want a goat for Christmas..."

Latest posts