Lazy Day

Help Support CattleToday:

I was scared to death it was going to be "CB and the Loggerheads" singing "I'll never forget old whats her name". :lol: :lol: :hide:

TexasBred":2mjm2lhj said:
I was scared to death it was going to be "CB and the Loggerheads" singing "I'll never forget old whats her name". :lol: :lol: :hide:
I am on Percy Sledge and Wilson Pickett now watching fox squirrels playing in the rain. Looks like this might be the agenda for the next few days per NOAA forecast.

Been cleaning and straightening up the shop so I can get in and do a little woodwork while it's raining this week. Promptly burned up my old Craftsman scroll saw. :( Hoping it's just a start/run capacitor, but the thing's 20 years old.
Got lots I need to do outside, but this ain't gonna be the week for any of it.

I got myself a little overheated last week working cows. Been mostly piddling around since. I have some things I could do except the motivation just isn't their.........shoulda dug them taters and mowed the yard Saturday instead of going to the movies.

Anyone who feels the need to work can come pick rocks here... not raining and plenty of them early spuds to pick! I'll even supply beverages!

1982vett":3qvuc7a3 said:
I got myself a little overheated last week working cows. Been mostly piddling around since. I have some things I could do except the motivation just isn't their.........shoulda dug them taters and mowed the yard Saturday instead of going to the movies.

It can take several days to recover from heat exhaustion.

Ive been watching all the storms hitting your and GBs areas for what seems the past several weeks (months?!)
Sitting on the porch listening to music aint such a bad day though!

melking":3hhgdgvs said:
1982vett":3hhgdgvs said:

It can take several days to recover from heat exhaustion.
The older I get the faster it comes on too.
CottageFarm":3hhgdgvs said:
Take care of yourself vette, the veges can wait a bit longer
. :D it's rained more than the forecast called for. Figured I'd be able to,get it done today but it started up yesterday afternoon. Should be able to get the yard mowed tomorrow but the garden is pretty wet. Supposed to start raining again Wednesday.

CottageFarm":1ehb5iha said:
Ive been watching all the storms hitting your and GBs areas for what seems the past several weeks (months?!)
Sitting on the porch listening to music aint such a bad day though!
The months part is correct, my hay field is waist deep in grass turned the cows in on it today. No hope of getting a tractor and fertilizer in for a month.

Nesikep":2kgvdwqg said:
Anyone who feels the need to work can come pick rocks here... not raining and plenty of them early spuds to pick! I'll even supply beverages!
Fastest growing crop there is and they reseed fast with little to no help at all :nod:

Red Bull Breeder":20bzh9pk said:
Vette you ain't complaining about rain are you?
:shock: Oh No no no no.......Not complaining one little bit. The day it's going to stop is probably pretty near. Looking at the numbers, we seem to be on a "normal" rainfall track. Got about an inch for the week, 13.2 inches for the year. 20 days have seen rainfall so it's been timely and runoff has been just enough to keep the tanks full. If it sounded like complaining, it's because I was taking responsibility for misusing the weather forecast. My fault for dismissing that 30% chance we were going to get .04 inches of rain. :lol2:

Just looked....They have now taken today's sunshine away and giving us a 10-20% chance for a quarter of an inch. Upped Thursday's to 95% for 2.25 inches.....No, not complaining about the rainfall we actually get. ;-)

Latest posts