Late Spring

Help Support CattleToday:

Syd Sydney

Reaction score
Is everyone else in North America having a later than usual spring this year.I am used to strange weather like they say if you don't like the weather wait five minutes and it will change.But this year is just way off; just when you think spring has sprung and start to look forward to having nice warm weather it snows again.I am getting really fed up with it and I am sure the cows and calves are too.Anyone else ready to give Mother Nature a shot in the chops. ;-)

Oh yeah! We have gone from temps in the 70's, to a blizzard, to temps in the 20's, back to temps in the 70's - all in 3 weeks time - and another storm is supposed to be blowing in tonight or tomorrow. :roll: :roll:

Over here we have gone from Winter straight into Summer, Spring seems to be gone, we have Summer flowers and weather, the Sun is much hotter than usual for this time of year and the Bee's and May bushes are out and about, we have had only 3% of the normal rain fall for April. May mean we have a shortage of water and hose pipe ban this Summer. :mad: not good for the plants. and the long range weather forcast is saying we will have the hottest Summer on record this year, I'll wait and see about that one though. :)

msscamp":10cjz47i said:
Oh yeah! We have gone from temps in the 70's, to a blizzard, to temps in the 20's, back to temps in the 70's - all in 3 weeks time - and another storm is supposed to be blowing in tonight or tomorrow. :roll: :roll:
god, i thought only dumb nebraska went through that. :roll: :oops: :shock:

Nope New England is just as bad if not worse than nebraska. We are way below average for temps and way above for rainfall we had flooding beginning of week the sun may come out tomorrow finally

We are having one too, but I like it. We have had nice rains and snows :D that have really helped after the bad drought we had last summer.

It is suppose to rain again today. Bring it on!!! :eek: :D

Well for all of you that need the moisture I am glad you are finally getting it.However here we do not need any we need a good month of hot dry weather so things dry up and start to grow with the way it is now many of us will be lucky to get a cut of hay in July let alone June and the poor calves are getting sick from all the wet snow every single day for the past 4 days. :help: We have had 35 cm of snow and 15mm of rain in the last three days alone and 30 cm of snow is in the forecast for the next 24-36 hours with temp right around zero.You can not put enough bedding out as everything gets wet so quickly just from the humidity. :roll:

This is nuts crazy I am sooooooooo sick of this crap weather!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

We had a warm December and January , so far April has been cold and wet , but things are changing , we're supposed to be in the 70's over the weekend and close to 80 on monday.

Latest posts