late calving

Help Support CattleToday:

coxbendcattle

Reaction score
my cows seem to be two weeks late calving. is that possible? their 3yrs old coming with their 2nd calf angus, angus plus, mots, and baldy cattle. we AI ed 20, and they started calving, but r 2wks. late by the book this was the hottest and driest yr ever n texas does that play n the deal r what?

They can go 2 weeks early up to 2 weeks late.
Are you sure they are still in calf?

the texas drought has our cows calving late as well.an we have 2 bulls running with the cows.checked the cows a day or so ago an have 7 or more getting ready to calve.checked them before lunch an had a heifer calving.so called my brother an told him to check.so he went ahead an pulled it when he checked her.so he wouldnt have to worry about her.another cow calved before the heifer.an done had her calf cleaned up.

I gave em shots, end of march, AI'ed 20 out of 43 coming 2nd calf heifers, palpated all of em oct. 30 only 2 open. the bad thing i did, i guess, is turned the bulls n too soon. turned em n end of april so its hard to tell if their late r the bulls calves. thats probably not the only bad thing ive done trying to get em raised but surely we got 3 r 4 AI ed outta 43. had 4 babies as of the 28th