last years angus twins pics

Help Support CattleToday:

farmerD44

Reaction score
I don't have any good pics from this year yet since we just started calving, so thought i would post these from last year. It's of one of our best purebred cows. They were all first calf heifers last year. Anyways, this one was sired by Bush's Grand Design- a 1407 son. She is a great cow. The calves were twin bulls sired by Rito 6I6. 68 pound birthweights. We pulled one off the cow after a few days and were going to keep the other one for a bull but it had a fairly small scrotal size come weaning and only weighed about 580lbs at the time so we castrated it. It sure has filled out nicely tho since we castrated it :shock: But we have a 208 son that we did keep to raise for a bull that is even better so that is all that we need

She is bred to GAR Yield Grade this year and set to come in around march 25th.

BlackAngus-36Twins007.jpg
[/img]

BlackAngus-36Twins004.jpg
[/img]

Dan.

farmerD44":i0358ntk said:
I don't have any good pics from this year yet since we just started calving, so thought i would post these from last year. It's of one of our best purebred cows. They were all first calf heifers last year. Anyways, this one was sired by Bush's Grand Design- a 1407 son. She is a great cow. The calves were twin bulls sired by Rito 6I6. 68 pound birthweights. We pulled one off the cow after a few days and were going to keep the other one for a bull but it had a fairly small scrotal size come weaning and only weighed about 580lbs at the time so we castrated it. It sure has filled out nicely tho since we castrated it :shock: But we have a 208 son that we did keep to raise for a bull that is even better so that is all that we need

She is bred to GAR Yield Grade this year and set to come in around march 25th.

BlackAngus-36Twins007.jpg
[/img]

BlackAngus-36Twins004.jpg
[/img]

Dan.

She's got way too much tag on her for me to tell much.

But this animal would do just fine outside - she will stay a lot cleaner. Calves too.

Regards,

Bez!

These pics were taken in the calving pen a day after birth. Yes they do get a little dirty. But we don't have to worry about frozen ears or tails either. And we have alot less injured calves keeping them in from the herd a couple days. They clean up nicely once they hit the pasture for week.

Dan.