Last Wednesday

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
The computer was down for about 10 days but I am back. So last week I got 16 pairs bought. Averaged paying $1,680 for pairs weighing a 1,498 average. Good big calves. Eleven of them were BM cows mostly black. 5 cows were called 4 year olds. I thought they looked like some Charolais cross of some sort. Calves were all light black or dark grey. Turned out they are Piedmontese. First time I ever saw one in person. I had only seen pictures. The pictures always had the huge double muscled butt. These cows were lighter. They may be young but they are joining the one and done club. I got them cheap enough for them to work in that program.

are these the ones you picked up , as they may have been taken to the sale
Suzanne
Nope. There was 5 cows. The cows all had short turned down horns. And the calves are all charcoal grey. But I will keep a look out for those. I think the boss might be upset if I were to buy more of them.

I could be wrong, but I think purebred Piedmontese are polled.... at least all the ones I ever used semen from produced polled calves even on the hol/jer/crosses.
Wish I was closer... I'd love to have those registered ones. My crosses all had good dispositions.

Latest posts