Last one

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl8

Reaction score
Just had our last calf. Very late, but healthy. Unless I've missed someone, our calving season is over. Yay, and Yay...

I think we need to send some CT members to confirm that. Then have them submit an affidavit.

Linda. You know I am only kidding.

Oh god, I should have taken a picture, but that would be doubted too right...lol...

cowgirl8":6at25v4d said:
Oh god, I should have taken a picture, but that would be doubted too right...lol...

Grin. Laugh. Nothing is that important. As a guy told me once - they may kill you but they probably won't mutilate your body. Lol.

I was about to enter a hostile enforcement situation.

Cow had vultures all around for her afterbirth. I had to fight her off of it so I could cart it away. For a second, I think she was thinking about charging the gator..not sure how much protection that would be if a cow jumped in with me.

cowgirl8":1cwzx3xl said:
Cow had vultures all around for her afterbirth. I had to fight her off of it so I could cart it away. For a second, I think she was thinking about charging the gator..not sure how much protection that would be if a cow jumped in with me.

You know. I can walk up to every cow I have and weigh her calf under her nose. I usually set down a pan of feed.

Bright Raven":2gxgywry said:
cowgirl8":2gxgywry said:

You know. I can walk up to every cow I have and weigh her calf under her nose. I usually set down a pan of feed.

Of course you do.

Bright Raven":2zudt78j said:
cowgirl8":2zudt78j said:

I watched a video of a woman at a dairy tending to a cow who had probably been handled all her life. The woman entered the stall and was cleaning out the calf's nose, I think, and the cow went all ape s h I t crazy on her. The video was only on for a short time until they took it off. Apparently the woman was killed. It was horrific and the cow savage to no end...well, it did end and not well for the woman tending to the calf. That video runs through my head every time I put myself in a situation where that could happen...and with some of our cows with a bit of simbra mixed in, I don't want to tangle with any of them....

cowgirl8":w2i5atid said:

Dang, we are on the same calving schedule, this is my last calf for the year, born day before yesterday.

jehosofat":1daqw4io said:
cowgirl8":1daqw4io said:

Dang, we are on the same calving schedule, this is my last calf for the year, born day before yesterday.

LOL. Going to be a show calf then, right?

jehosofat":279ygr0b said:
cowgirl8":279ygr0b said:

We raise commercial cattle, not hobby cattle......... :lol2:

jehosofat":3das5v6w said:
cowgirl8":3das5v6w said:

I can't wait to see what he'll look like when he's a week old.

I was wrong. Had another today. Sitting out here waiting for the s afterbirth and keeping vultures away. Wished she would hurry.

Rafter S":eh1ws2k1 said:
jehosofat":eh1ws2k1 said:
cowgirl8":eh1ws2k1 said:

I can't wait to see what he'll look like when he's a week old.

Sumbieotch is gonna be a goodun, ain't he. :lol:

Well I hope this was the last calf......It was in the pasture with all our black bulls, black cow, but had a red calf...would have been better black..84 calves in this group, all black except this one..lol maybe the neighbors bull...although, he's black too.

Latest posts