LASIK eye surgery

Help Support CattleToday:

SmokinM

Reaction score
Been wearing glasses for 30 yrs. and I have wanted to do this for a long time. Finally got some bills paid and cow prices are up so getting close to pulling the trigger. Anybody on here had it done? The few I know that have had it done love it but would love to get some more real life feedback. Thanks in advance.

Don't decide by price, get a referral from your optometrist. Have a family member with significant complications of a retina. From what I understand from my optometrist, she chose poorly.

BC are they wearing reading glasses? They tell you up front it won't fix that but I hope I am about 10yrs. from needing those. Definately not a budget price decision. I think there are places to save money and my eyesight ain't one of them.

I had a form of lasik done prol 10 years ago. My cornea wasn't thick enough for the regular lasik, they wouldn't have been able to go back if they needed to.
I love it. 20-20 vision, no glasses or contacts. I will have to have dime store reading glasses someday.

No "readers". My sister wears her glasses full time after the Lasik. I know a couple of people like that.
But everyone is different. Someone with fairly stable sight, that doesn't change much over the years is definitely the best candidate.

My mom wore glasses for 50 plus years. When she woke up the next morning it was the first time she ever saw the alarm clock. Without glasses.

My sister swears by it also. :2cents:

I've worn very thick glasses since childhood. I had this surgery three years ago. Went from not being able to see my glasses if I laid them down to being able to read the newspaper without glasses. I had no idea how much I was missing.

I was 3.75 in one eye and 4.25 in the other at 18 years old. The day I turned 21 my grandma paid for me to have the old surgery (radial keratotomy = knife).

I am 40 years old now, and have 20/15.

If you don't wear glasses, or haven't had the surgery, you could not understand the quality of life difference.

I had it done about 20 years ago & am very happy with it. I had 20/480 & 20/420 vision before with bad astigmatism. Now 20 years later it's 20/30. I had one eye done for close up reading & the other for distance vision. At age 68 I can read the paper without reading glasses and can see at a distance very well.
Research the person doing the procedure, find a good one and enjoy seeing without glasses. :clap:

SmokinM":1isqfnmc said:
Been wearing glasses for 30 yrs. and I have wanted to do this for a long time. Finally got some bills paid and cow prices are up so getting close to pulling the trigger. Anybody on here had it done? The few I know that have had it done love it but would love to get some more real life feedback. Thanks in advance.
Wife had it done about 10 years ago. Great results. One eye for close up the other for distance. Took a couple of weeks to really get use to it but has had zero problems and eyesight is still perfect. I don't think optometrist do it though. Gotta be an ophthalmologist (M.D.)

I had LASIK done 5 years ago. It's wonderful! They will have different options. I went with the platinum level which meant free redoing of surgery if you don't have at least 20/20 vision after the surgery and included laser eye mapping to get the surgery right the first time. Cons: Eyes are much more sensitive to the light, but my night vision is better too. Eyes are drier. This was worse right after the surgery and I had to use lubricating eye drops then. No drops needed now. Very bright lights have halos around them.
Aprille

Named'em Tamed'em":3frus9iw said:
My mom wore glasses for 50 plus years. When she woke up the next morning it was the first time she ever saw the alarm clock. Without glasses.

My sister swears by it also. :2cents:

Kind of in the same boat as your mom. If I knock off my glasses off the night stand my wife has to find them for me. Been thinking about LASIK for years, just never got real serious about it. Anyone know ballpark what it costs?

Thanks for the replies. Scheduled for the 25th of the month. Looking forward to being able to wear a nice pair of sunglasses. Being out in the sun all day is killing me. Hillbilly mine is going to be $3,900 and that is the custom like they are describing that can be enhanced if needed. They say only about 5% need it though. Surgeon has been doing it for almost 20 years and did the first here in VA. Said he would do it on his wife or kid and has done close family friends. I will let everyone know how it turns out.

I had it done about 8 years ago . Had my eyes checked at work last week and I'm 20/ 20 still . I do wear polarized sun glasses everywhere I go . But it doesn't bother me because I have to wear safety glasses at work anyway .the only real problem I have is at night . Lights from on coming cars or boats on the water make it hard to see.

SJB":1u711cit said:
I was 3.75 in one eye and 4.25 in the other at 18 years old. The day I turned 21 my grandma paid for me to have the old surgery (radial keratotomy = knife).

I am 40 years old now, and have 20/15.

If you don't wear glasses, or haven't had the surgery, you could not understand the quality of life difference.
I was at 5.25 contacts by the time I did it.

Latest posts