LARGEST CATTLE IN WEIGHT

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I have the same question as David,(msg3/24)"What is the largest cattle in weight?" Keeping weight in mind. I have brahman cattle. What could I cross to get large, beefy cattle. To get the best result (large/beefy) I was thinking about crossing brahman w/ hereford. I also like angus, but I "think" I would get beefy but smaller cattle, Right? What do you think? Also, Why do you cross a hereford bull to a brahman cow, why not the other way around. Does it make a difference? Thanks for the input.

[email protected]

Probably Chianina. When crossed, a Brahman female will through a smaller easier born calf then something else bred to a Brahman bull. Try Gelbvieh or Simmenthal, when crossed up the right way the are Gelbray or Simbray. Angus or Herefords may give you smaller cattle, but there are plenty of really large framed angus and Hereford bulls available.

dunmovin farms
> I have the same question as
> David,(msg3/24)"What is the
> largest cattle in weight?"
> Keeping weight in mind. I have
> brahman cattle. What could I cross
> to get large, beefy cattle. To get
> the best result (large/beefy) I
> was thinking about crossing
> brahman w/ hereford. I also like
> angus, but I "think" I
> would get beefy but smaller
> cattle, Right? What do you think?
> Also, Why do you cross a hereford
> bull to a brahman cow, why not the
> other way around. Does it make a
> difference? Thanks for the input.

Limousin/Brahma cross... the logo for the ranch I saw it done on was: "A little ear and a LOT of rear." The Limousin calf is small at birth, fine-boned, but Looong legged and by the time he/she is a few weeks old, you have a substantial animal and their vigor at birth is pretty desirable.

[email protected]

Latest posts