Laptops/Notebooks

Help Support CattleToday:

Gphillips

Reaction score
I have gone back to college to finsh my math education degree and would like to buy a notebook to use. The main uses would be for word processing, some powerpoint projects, maybe a few design projects, keeping records of our farming operation, and maybe browsing the web. I need to know what size processor I need and how much memory I need. I would also like to know if any of you have ever delt with any refurbished machines and if so how you liked them and who a good dealer is for them.

Thanks

Greg Phillips

try ebay i just bought one for $400 great laptop it was used and

refurbished laptop was 2000 from new

for those activities anything over 1 GHz would be plenty along with 256 MB RAM.

if you are going to be using high end math software you want to double these for minimums.

I have an old Toshiba, less than 500 mhz and 192 mg ram, and it runs Office XP and Mat lab fine. Plus I load any freebie programs off the web I want to try to this system first. A wireless card speeds up the browsing.
You could probably find something like this in the classified or e-bay for $250. Will you be satisfied? NO :)
If you do buy used don't consider anything that doesn't have the software with it. I wouldn't spend the extra for re-furbished over used.

Latest posts