Land Pride RC2512 Brush Cutter

Help Support CattleToday:

C-Ranch

Reaction score
I have been looking at a Land Pride RC2512 brush cutter and is closely compared to a Rhino TS12. The local Rhino dealer only carries the smaller 3pt style cutters and has never seen/sold the new TS12 cutters, but said he would go with Land Pride, which he also a dealer. He said both machines are pretty much the same with LP being about $1000 cheaper. I am going to pull the trigger in the next few days, so would like to hear any feedback from anyone has run this particular model. Please share your pro and cons, thanks.

Thanks for the info .....Red Bull..What diameter of material have you cut with your cutter so far. I Looked at the RC3615 but I have some spaces that I wouldn't be able to fit into due to cross fencing, but I think the gear boxes are the same just heavier drive lines, but I could be wrong.

C-Ranch":19f5wblb said:
Thanks for the info .....Red Bull..What diameter of material have you cut with your cutter so far. I Looked at the RC3615 but I have some spaces that I wouldn't be able to fit into due to cross fencing, but I think the gear boxes are the same just heavier drive lines, but I could be wrong.

I purchased the 2512 about 2 weeks ago and really like it. I did consider the TS12 and also Bush Hogs comparible model. The TS lists a tractor for up to 60 hp, mine is 75 pto hp. The other consideration was how the blade attachment. The Landpride blades are attached to a "stump jumper", the TS's are not. I eliminated the Bush Hog because it required another set of remotes which would have cost me near $1300.

For me it came down to matching the mower to the tractor and then whether I would rather have the 88 degrees up and 25 degrees down free float of the TS with no stump jumpers or the 45 degrees up and 22 degrees down free float and stump jumpers on the Landpride. I went with the Landpride for the stump jumpers and it matched my tractor better. All 3 units will cut up to 1 1/2 " diameter. Good luck!!

Note: The hydraulics on my Landpride do not hold the wings up in place for a long period of time ( no more than about 5 hours). Maybe I have some lousy cylinders or maybe that's just the way it is. Be careful!

James.....Thanks for the info. Tractor consideration is factor for me as well and thanks for the heads up on the cylinders not holding the wings up for a long period of time, even though I will most like store mine in the shop with wings down when not in use.Maybe there is a transport lock that can be set to keep the wings up. I have a Kuhn 12 wheel speed rake that does the same thing. It will keep the wheels up for about a 2 weeks, then one day you go out and they are down...weird. I just lock them now and they stay all the time.

Tomorrow I am going to make my purchase, from what I have gathered here and read online, I am pretty sure I am going with LP over the Rhino. Thanks everyone, I will let you know how it goes.

Yes, the LP does have the wing locks and they are very easy to place. I store mine in the shed where the 8 ft Bush Hog went and have some room to spare.

I have a RCR 2510. Some of the drive line bolts under the cover were lose the first time I serviced it even though they had lock nuts on them. Other than that it seems to be a good machine.

Made the purchase today, but it won't be delivered for 3 weeks since the dealer had to order it. Traded in an old pull-behind swather and made a pretty sweet deal when all was said and done. Thanks for the replies and info, very helpful.

You'll like the mower. I bought a Rhino TS-12 in the spring. Mowed probably a little over 100 acres with it this summer. Love it. Mowed some heavy and thick brush with it and it did well. I'm sure I exceded the 1.5" capacity a time or two. Uncle bought one the other day after seeing mine and is happy so far.

I bought a TS-12 about 2 months ago. My first batwing and I love it. Only way my dealer orders them is with foam filled tires so won't have any flats. I really like how it flexes with the contour of the ground. Certainly a lot easier to pull out the road where it folds up its not even as wide as the tractor. I have clipped about 40 acres of pasture and bushogged about 2 acres of basically brush. Very satisfied with it at this point.

Latest posts