Land lines

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
With all the advances in technology does anyone still have a land line or home phone? We got rid of ours a couple years ago we never used it the only time it rang was a sales call. Heck I really feel old when I think about phones, I still remember the party lines and getting so mad because every time we needed to use the phone the lady we shared the line with was on it.

Gizmom

I have a home phone, but it's no longer a land line. Got sick of paying $80/month for basic phone, so I switched to the Verizon wireless home phone. It's basically cell service, but I use my regular phone and kept my old number. At the time it was $20/month. I would prefer a land line, but can't justify what they charge for one.

Nope. Cell service sucks here, but so did 40 year old copper phone lines. I dropped landline and don't regret it.

gizmom":36dydqg4 said:
With all the advances in technology does anyone still have a land line or home phone? We got rid of ours a couple years ago we never used it the only time it rang was a sales call. Heck I really feel old when I think about phones, I still remember the party lines and getting so mad because every time we needed to use the phone the lady we shared the line with was on it.

Gizmom

We still have one but it is not through the local phone company. Relatives usually call on the land line.

gizmom":3p6c2j7q said:

Gizmom

Still have one cause my house alarm and shop alarm is connected to it.

I only have a land line. No electronic leash (aka cell phone). I have no urge to be connected to the rest of the world 24/7.

I'm in the group here with a land line due to no cell service at the house and dsl is our only Internet option.

Got rid of our land line and changed it to cell. It used to be the only reliable way to get internet but they over sold it and internet slowed slowed down to about 1200 baud speed like an old dial up. Went to satellite and have been satisfied with that. Since we discontinued to internet the land line company decided to jack our monthly bill, never figured the logic in that. We kept the land line number only becuase so many of our accounts are tied to that number, just made it simpler and the cell company made it cheap to keep.

I still have a land line. I think the only people who call it are telemarketers. Only reason I keep it is the internet but this may change soon.

We still have one for Internet service. My in-laws call on it, and I have one friend that does - but they all know to call our cell's if we don't answer it. We tried the satellite internet, but we get better service cheaper through the phone company.

I know of no one in my area with a land line they had been patched some many times from the grader cutting them they were worthless for Internet .
Everyone I know uses cell and hot spot for Internet service.

We still have our landline. When power goes out, we still have phone svc. Little to no signal for cell phones. The internet is through satellite (Wildblue thru Dish).

Latest posts