Lakota trailers

Help Support CattleToday:

uplandnut

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with Lakota brand trailers? I don't see very many of them up in Wisconsin. Found a 2008, 20' gooseneck with 2 cut gates for what seems to be pretty good deal. Also does anyone have the split rear doors?

They played around, with some aluminum over steel construction. I'd crawl under it, and see what's going on.

Bigfoot":12sulrtb said:
They played around, with some aluminum over steel construction. I'd crawl under it, and see what's going on.

X2. Several around when I lived in SD 10-15 years ago. They were all steel frame with aluminum bodies......Not that it would be a deal breaker.

Ok thanks for the heads up on the construction of it. Have you ever had split doors in the back? doesn't have a full swing with a slider like most do.

uplandnut":3c1gc1ye said:
Ok thanks for the heads up on the construction of it. Have you ever had split doors in the back? doesn't have a full swing with a slider like most do.

Split doors vs swinging is kind of a personal preference thing. I have had both, and currently own one of each. The big advantage to saloon doors, may not even be of benefit to you. If your going to a load a cow, that's swung on the end of a rope, saloon doors are the only way to go.

Thanks for the information. I had a chance to go look at it and I think I'm going to pass. looked underneath and the frame was flaking pretty good and there were a lot of broken welds from the floor to the cross members.

Latest posts