Reaction score
Alright here we go

Blue and Boss; Boss and Blue; who is who; I know do you
000_0286.JPG

My hearding crew

Churchill Ram 703; he is 16 months old and has spent two months with the ladys
000_0283.JPG

I bribed him with a few fresh girls if he stands purdy

I tried to bribe the ladys will another bull but they wouldn't stand long enough
000_0283.JPG

said they have enough B.S. to deal with

whole purpose of the day
000_0277.JPG

Moved my replacments to a different pasture for the rest of the summer

Just in time
000_0281.JPG

Started pouring on my way back

All pics were taking after the work. It was 80 plus and muggy just before the rain.

Now submit and hope it works :lol2:

TB
Great pictures. Especially the horse and dog.

Nice Bull looks like he's holding up pretty well.

Nice pics. Thanks for sharing with us.

I'm guessing Blue is the horse and Boss is the dog? Or vice versa??? They both look blue to me. :)

Could it be the horse has some Blue Valentine in it?

Skyline your right. This is Bosses first year Working the cows he is about year and a half old I've been traing him a while but first year with responsibilities.

3waycross He's doing great, but we had a great winter and the grass is really tall out their. The cow's gained some condition since being out their.

Thanks Travis

he doesn't have Blue Valentine, but he does have Hanncock in there some where. Real name Tri Blue Diamond

TB-Herefords":l9w5546z said:
he doesn't have Blue Valentine, but he does have Hanncock in there some where. Real name Tri Blue Diamond

That's a fine looking crew you got there. Looks like they would make working fun. I like your horse a lot. Tell us about him....

OK. Ummm. Look! I and other posters have certain expectations when you post a title like that. Nothing wrong with the content, just make sure the subject isn't mis-leading. Please don't disregard this warning as I have some pull around here just like ALX and Frankie. I WILL tell on you.

Walt

Txwalt":12rim4fh said:
OK. Ummm. Look! I and other posters have certain expectations when you post a title like that. Nothing wrong with the content, just make sure the subject isn't mis-leading. Please don't disregard this warning as I have some pull around here just like ALX and Frankie. I WILL tell on you.

Walt

Deceptive adverstising. But he made you look, didn't he?

Beautiful photos! :tiphat:

Those cattle are really 'purdy!! We had a blue heeler at one time, but he wasn't allowed to work the cattle, as we didn't
really know how to train them and didn't have the time at that time. But he would "heel" us as we walked to the barn!
He was also very bad about heeling auto tires as they were rolling along.

Knersie - I've heard some awful things about recent violence in your country---and electricity problems.
Hopefully it's not as bad as news reports indicate.

Knersie - I've heard some awful things about recent violence in your country---and electricity problems.

What can I say?....AFrica's not for sissies!

To be honest it just depends on what you want to report. No more violence than in the past, probably no more violence than in the USA. Electricity problems seems to have been sorted out lately, turned out that mismanagement by token appointments was pushed just a little too far. Not saying anything more otherwise it will get political and is bound to draw reaction from uninformed people who think they know better sitting 12000 miles away. :secret:

But thanks for being concerned.

OK Jeanne":rs3hxy64 said:
Beautiful photos! :tiphat:

Those cattle are really 'purdy!! We had a blue heeler at one time, but he wasn't allowed to work the cattle, as we didn't
really know how to train them and didn't have the time at that time. But he would "heel" us as we walked to the barn!
He was also very bad about heeling auto tires as they were rolling along.

Knersie -
  • >>>>I've heard some awful things about recent violence in your country---and electricity problems.<<<<
hell that don't sound much different than alabama :lol2: like that roan horse TB had a hancock horse a few years ago made a fine headin' horse.....nice cattle ;-)

Beautiful country, beautiful dog, beautiful horse, beautiful cattle, it's just plain B A Utiful.

those sure are some nice looking herefords.the bull held his weight well out with the girls.love the pic of blue an boss.you just cant beat a good horse an dog to move cattle.

Thanks every one

I got blue winter 07' he was way over advertised. The couple had about six horses in the sale The two they showed were awsome horses really well rounded. One was a heading horse and the other worked both ends. I thought they would be out of my price range and they were. So I picked up blue with seeing him in the ring and knowing who was saleing him. Real easy going loaded good traveled good. Got home took a few days adjusting. When I saddled him up he was all jittery and wild. I think he just spent a long time in the pasture. When I first started working the cows with him he would track one and leave the rest. He didn't realize we weren't in an arena. Anyways spent the summer working him and he has worked out really well. moves of leg pressure good has a nice stop. Mostly likes working the cows. He can get a little moody when we exercise in the arena. Mostly he has a good head on him. Doesn't get to excited. If your really curious I can look up his breeding.

703 is from the Churchill Cattle in MT. He has L1 genetics all over his Pedigree but I don't think he is full L1. His Registered name is Churchill Ram 703 if you want to look it up. I was really impressed with him; Dale said he has a nice hindend and he was right. I am really excited to see his offspring. I have some Holden bred cows and some 1/4 sister heifers I am breeding him to. If all goes well I will have some double breed CJH L1 Domino 552 calves next year.

As for Heelers I love them; but you better have something for them to do.
Today I checked on my Heifers; I set Boss up to turn the girls up the hill when I pushed them to him. Got about two hundred yard or so away looked back and Boss was gone. Looked around and seen a flash as he was running from a coyote. I thought that the last I'll see of him. Got back to the truck and Boss was waiting in the truck. I gave him lots of lovin. Good boy good boy.

KNERSIE have you always lived in Africa?

He has L1 genetics all over his Pedigree but I don't think he is full L1.

He has that very distinctive L1 head, that's why I asked.

KNERSIE have you always lived in Africa?

Born and bred here, lived here all my life except for almost three years I've spent in London. When Africa is in your blood, its in your blood and you'll never trade that for anywhere else in the world.

Is their a lot of political influence on how you operate or for that matter do anything? I have always been interested in other countries; on the aspect of their cattle country.

KNERSIE Born and bred here said:
Just curious. from watching teevee one would get the impression that africa is covered in poisonous snakes of all sizes and dispositions.

For a person living in a rural situation how much real danger is there from poisonsous snakes?

Latest posts