Ky31

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
What in the world is going on with it seems to keep going up 30.00 a 50lb bag each year. In bulk discount I'm still paying 70.00 a 50# bag. Those that use fescue what are you seeing price wise?

seed seems to go up every year. that seems pretty high for 31 especially with how much seed it produces.

i think i'm around 180 bucks for a 50 lb sack depending on mix. that's byron seeds though.

Something to keep watch of when buying Kentucky 31 fescue seed is the germination rate.

I find it cheaper in the big box stores but it tends to be around a 80% germination rate vs the local farm supply which usually runs in the high 90's on germination rate.

kentuckyguy":2yxvt7z4 said:
Something to keep watch of when buying Kentucky 31 fescue seed is the germination rate.

I find it cheaper in the big box stores but it tends to be around a 80% germination rate vs the local farm supply which usually runs in the high 90's on germination rate.

I bought pallets at Walmart before they had same you get in farm store never bought any seed from lowes or hd

if it dont go back down some of the local farmers around here are gonna combine our own seed, k31 can make 300 pounds of seed per acre. probly get some orchard grass in with it too which i like

I am sorry to resurrect this thread. But I have been shopping for grass seed since, due to all of our wet weather, a couple of my pastures are a rutted mess. The price I am seeing is about $1.50/pound.

I called this week for pricing on KY31 to add in with ryegrass for feeding area cleanup. It ranges from $80.00 to $90.00 for 50# bag. Gone are the days of $40.00 per bag.

And have not been able to obtain Kobe Lespedeza in several years. Why is there such a problem with this.

I saw some at tractor supply the other day. It was in a green bag 50# but said ky 31 ......it was coated it said. There were several bags it looked like on a pallet in the store along with the regular Ky 31 in the white bag. Hmmm

Oh yea ... it was in the $60./bag range

Banjo said:
I saw some at tractor supply the other day. It was in a green bag 50# but said ky 31 ......it was coated it said. There were several bags it looked like on a pallet in the store along with the regular Ky 31 in the white bag. Hmmm

Oh yea ... it was in the $60./bag range

That is pretty good since their website has it at $75

Its the green bag thats a lot cheaper 62.99 here and 79.99 for the regular. the green is coated for what ever reason...don't know why or what for.

Latest posts