Kubota RTV X1120D

Help Support CattleToday:

Chainsaw Driver

Reaction score
After an exhausting research project spanning several months, we finally decided the new Kubota X series was the right fit for us. We've only got 5 hours on it but so far we love it. Anyone else have one of these new X series RTVs? If so, drop in and let us know your thoughts and comments.
image91.jpg

No but I can see one in my near future. I have a Kubota 1140 with over a 1k hours. I'm very happy with it as long as the temperature stays above 20 degrees. I wish the road speed was 10 mph faster. How's the ride and the turning radius?

Thank you Tux,
My research went as follows:
Diesel power was a requirement.
I needed a road speed of at least 25 (this one is rated at 29mph)
Good towing and hauling capacity +1000 pounds for each
A smooth ride with good turning radius a huge plus.
Power steering and brakes preferred.

I selected this model over all others for the following reasons
X series has a full independent suspension with forged upper and lower control arms with shock on top. I prefer this design over the lower a arm with a strut on top (older RTV).

X series has power steering and power brakes. BTW Kubota brakes are all sealed in oil bath.

The turning radius is 13 ft versus 30 ft on some of the older models.

The motor is the largest currently available with 24.8 HP

Payload capacity is 1500 pounds total or 1100 pounds in bed. Towing is rated at 1300, I think....

The bed lift is hydraulic, not electric.

The transmission is hydraulic versus belts on all other models except Polaris Brute series.

I ultimately settled on Kubota X series for the reasons above as well as the smooth ride, quiet operation and of course, I love Kubota diesels. This is my third small Kubota diesel, my welding machine has one and it has 3900 hours on it and runs like a top. I love their reliability. Did I mention there are 31 grease fittings on this machine?

I considered and researched Intimidator, Polaris, Kawasaki, John Deere, and Kubota. Kioti was not considered.

Hope this helps, I'll quit typing now and head out to cut down an oak tree that has to go, several loads of firewood are in my RTVs immediate future.

Latest posts