Kubota disc cutter?

Help Support CattleToday:

denvermartinfarms

Reaction score
Just saw in an ad that Kubota is selling disc cutters now with there name, anyone know who is building them? I didn't think it could really be Kubota, but it may be.

This is the only thing I have ever seen on them.

FCF3D1F5-454D-4014-B74C-86A7B374112B-3003-00000894F7F9CB64_zps7f4a32e5.jpg

Kubota might of bought out Krone maybe?? I heard at the Ag Expo who Kubota bought out but I can't remember.

Saw an ad in PF that showed they also are coming out with a rake and Tedder too.

I worked at our local Kubota dealer when they first announced the hay equipment. Kubota bought out vicon. I don't know if they are still selling it under the vicon name too or not.

circlew":2kxhimo6 said:
I worked at our local Kubota dealer when they first announced the hay equipment. Kubota bought out vicon. I don't know if they are still selling it under the vicon name too or not.
Thanks, I figured you would know. Vicon use to be good stuff, I don't know if it is now or not.

circlew":3rfvwd7e said:
If the cutter was of low quality I don't think Kubota would put their name on it.
I've always had that opinion, all of my older Kubota stuff from the early 2000's back has always been great. But alot of the newer ones I've been around have had some issues. I have always liked and stuck up for Kubota, but I've been thinking I may lean towards green on the next one.

We never had any problems with the newer Kubotas. I don't work for Kubota any more so I can say this my next tractor will probably be green or blue because I need a heavy tractor to pull my litter buggy.

kubota bought a hay equipment co called kevelar.thatswho is making their hay equipment.i dont know what brand of hay equipment they make.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kverneland_Group

In 2012, Kubota Corporation, secured control of the acquisition of Kverneland Group, with the aim of expanding business to leverage the combined strengths of both Kubota and Kverneland Group and that both companies would provide further value to customers. Kverneland Group was delisted from the Oslo Stock Exchange in May 2012.[2]

I own a JD and a Kubota tractor today. I've owned NH and Massey's as well in the past. Other than the Massey's I would buy any of them again. I run a Vicon disc mower and cut about 100 acres of hay a year. I LOVE my Vicon mower! They are by far the best around in my opinion. I know many people like a Krone and JD (NH painted green) but the Vicon is the best I've been around. I wonder if they plan on keeping the Vicon name?

Kyle

tnwalkingred":2br8buky said:
I own a JD and a Kubota tractor today. I've owned NH and Massey's as well in the past. Other than the Massey's I would buy any of them again. I run a Vicon disc mower and cut about 100 acres of hay a year. I LOVE my Vicon mower! They are by far the best around in my opinion. I know many people like a Krone and JD (NH painted green) but the Vicon is the best I've been around. I wonder if they plan on keeping the Vicon name?

Kyle
I've heard Kuhn is about like a vicon cutter. I'm like you on the tractors, I think I would own most of them, there all decent and they will all have some issues.

tnwalkingred":2nfo1bde said:

Kyle
Sorry but a JD cutter is nothing similar to a NH cutter NH cutter bar is completely different than any other cutter bar out there

Angus cow man,

When we were shopping for a disc mower to buy I looked at different brands. The new holland dealer had a disc mower and the dealer told me it was made by Kuhn. When I went to the john deere dealer across town that same day the mowers they were selling looked identical to the ones I saw at the new holland dealership. When I asked the dealer about it he said Kuhn made both of them and the only thing different was the paint and skirt. These were dealers in middle TN. I'm by no means a manufacturing expert so all I can tell you is what I saw and what I was told.

Kyle

Denver,

My Vicon mower has 3 blades on every disc and the disc is shaped like a triangle. Most every other disc mower has oval shaped discs. I would be curious to see how the Kubota mowers are designed. One thing I've learned about farm equipment is that most of it if maintained properly will last a long time. Around here the "best" stuff is what is sold locally. The reason one brand gets a better name is normally because it's what most people are running. In my home town most people would tell you you're crazy for buying any mower if it isn't a Krone but that's only because Krone is what the local co op sells. About 30 miles away Vicon is king and you what......Vicon is what that local co op sells! Lol.

Kyle

tnwalkingred":3dcimni7 said:
Angus cow man,

When we were shopping for a disc mower to buy I looked at different brands. The new holland dealer had a disc mower and the dealer told me it was made by Kuhn. When I went to the john deere dealer across town that same day the mowers they were selling looked identical to the ones I saw at the new holland dealership. When I asked the dealer about it he said Kuhn made both of them and the only thing different was the paint and skirt. These were dealers in middle TN. I'm by no means a manufacturing expert so all I can tell you is what I saw and what I was told.

Kyle
I have never seen a NH cutter bar that was made by Kuhn I believe you were given false info
Unless someone has started making one in the last few yrs NH was the only one with a segmented cutter bar where every pod had its own oil and wasn't connected
The kuhns and a few other brands I have owned were a solid bar where you filled the complete bar with oil and it lubricated every pod and if you ran on steep ground the top pods were with out lubrication

Angus Cowman":mdzrq5h3 said:
Unless someone has started making one in the last few yrs NH was the only one with a segmented cutter bar where every pod had its own oil and wasn't connected
The kuhns and a few other brands I have owned were a solid bar where you filled the complete bar with oil and it lubricated every pod and if you ran on steep ground the top pods were with out lubrication
New Idea are segmented, makes it really easy to fix the one section that is screwed up

Angus cow man,

I may have been given some bad information. Next time I go by the NH dealership I'll stop in and see if they have a mower in stock. My buddy has a older NH mower so I'll have to check it out as I never new they had individual oil holes on each pod.

Kyle