know any good baits for landlocked carp

Help Support CattleToday:

crossbreed curt

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody knew any good baits for carp . We have a pond that when the river fioods carp get stuck in the pond .

when I was a kid, my dad would soak whole corn in water for a week or untill it soured, we would go to the feed mill on the lake and catch carp. Just caught and released them. Man that was fun. So soured corn

We would blend our dough with some cotton to keep it on the hook as well as adding some cheese to the meal.

To blend the dough, we would simmer the meal in a pot very very slowly adding a little cotton as you stir it. As the water cooks off, it thickens and will make a good bait. Have made catfish bait this way except more stinky ingredients. (Best not to use use a good pot cause if you do it too fast you'll ruin your pot.)

Get yourself a box of "Quaker" oatmeal. Put a small treble hook on your fishing line/rod & reel, whatever.

Grab a handfull of the dry oatmeal out of the box and close your fist with the oatmeal in your hand. Dip your hand under water.

Than press the wet oatmeal around the treble hook making a firmly packed ball around the hook.

It will stay on the hook very well and the carps love it.

It's fun to snag them, with a treble hook. Cast then reel and jerk, when you snag a big carp in the back your going to get 1 heck of a fight.

crossbreed curt":2qxj72ot said:
some people grined the bones and the meat thougher but you dont get hardly any thing .

Grandaddy had a carp pond behind his general store and each year he would feed all his friends and customers. As I remember, he cleaned them and cut the mud vein out then placed them in an onion sack and boiled the meat off the bones. Meat would go out of sack and bones stayed in. Then he made a chowder. Mom said people loved it.

Latest posts