Knightfall

Help Support CattleToday:

Was it as gory as the networks seem to think everything has to be.

I watched about 5 minutes of their Vikings show and it did nothing for me, so I didn't even try this one. Sounds like I should be glad I didn't.

Haven't watched it yet I did enjoy the Vikings series on History.
What does anyone really know about history?
Once a man is dead and gone there really is no proof he ever existed except for a few artifacts.
It's all based on faith of the record of time be it Jesus or George Washington.
No one here has ever seen either.

WalnutCrest":3i6lyklh said:
TexasBred":3i6lyklh said:
WalnutCrest":3i6lyklh said:
I love me some history channel.
You'd probably get more accuracy from an Indiana Jones movie. We shall see.

Who said anything about accuracy?

And, are you old enough to have first hand experience with the Knights Templar?
You'd like to think that being presented by "The History Channel" it might have some semblance of fact" in it. But even I have learned not to expect that from the History Channel. Sorry if my post offended you. Yes I'm old but have no first hand experience with the Knights Templar. Only what I've read.

Caustic Burno":2ae2qz7f said:
Once a man is dead and gone there really is no proof he ever existed except for a few artifacts.

No but there are written records by those that lived and knew them well. When others start lending there on interpretation to these facts is when it often becomes little more than a fairy tale.

I watched it last night. It was not great but not bad. It is on TV. That makes it entertainment. Nothing more, nothing less.

Caustic Burno":nycp3lsi said:

The only reason to watch Vikings is Lagertha!..the rest employs so much poetic license that it's not even remotely accurate. They take 3 or 4 major characters out of Norse history and put them in the same timeline even though they lived a hundred years apart.

Godless is an even worse load of mad up western crap. I especially liked the scene where Roy Goode walked up to a totally unbroken horse and layed him down in a few seconds...REALLY!!

I doubt that Knightfall will be much better.

3waycross":n6oa98e3 said:
I especially liked the scene where Roy Goode walked up to a totally unbroken horse and layed him down in a few seconds...REALLY!!

You mean you didn't break that blue roan down the road from you in that manner?

That horse has one of the prettiest faces I've seen on a QH.