Knight still at it

Help Support CattleToday:

Still at what? Being a conservative and not giving a dang about what others think and speaking your mind offends lots of liberal dumocrats. The liberal dumocrats have been on uncle Ted lately also. Trying to cover up the fact that real Americans have about had all they want from the liberal left.

True Grit Farms":1nsgl4du said:
Still at what? Being a conservative and not giving a dang about what others think and speaking your mind offends lots of liberal dumocrats. The liberal dumocrats have been on uncle Ted lately also. Trying to cover up the fact that real Americans have about had all they want from the liberal left.

He is not a prominent Conservative. At least not what he is known for. I am referring to his behavior. I agree with you that he speaks his mind, all two ounces of it. :D

True Grit Farms":1s4j7opv said:
At least he raised two good upstanding kids. Can't be a total pos.

I wouldn't call anyone a POS including Bob Knight. Nevertheless, he is not someone many would point out as a model of behavior. Those are actually his own words referring to himself.

Bright Raven":35ngyxw7 said:
True Grit Farms":35ngyxw7 said:

I wouldn't call anyone a POS including Bob Knight. Nevertheless, he is not someone many would point out as a model of behavior. Those are actually his own words referring to himself.

He for sure has his faults, and who knows what the heck he's thinking sometimes. He hurt a few kids along the way for sure, but supposedly helped many more. IDK Most kids are a reflection of their parents, and he has two good men as kids.

Bright Raven":20h9ef6k said:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2720389-bobby-knight-investigated-by-fbi-after-alleged-groping-of-women-at-spy-agency?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=college-basketball

This is much ado about nothing. You should have better things to research and post about than this Raven. He!!, you don't even follow sports.

TennesseeTuxedo":q1ui1whk said:
Bright Raven":q1ui1whk said:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2720389-bobby-knight-investigated-by-fbi-after-alleged-groping-of-women-at-spy-agency?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=college-basketball

This is much ado about nothing. You should have better things to research and post about than this Raven. He!!, you don't even follow sports.

:lol: guilty as charged.

True Grit Farms":jdzsgwvu said:
Bright Raven":jdzsgwvu said:
True Grit Farms":jdzsgwvu said:

He for sure has his faults, and who knows what the heck he's thinking sometimes. He hurt a few kids along the way for sure, but supposedly helped many more. IDK Most kids are a reflection of their parents, and he has two good men as kids.
Maybe the mother is a great lady. :mrgreen:

TexasBred":2pg3cuou said:
True Grit Farms":2pg3cuou said:
Bright Raven":2pg3cuou said:

Maybe the mother is a great lady. :mrgreen:

She must be an angel, I don't know how could any woman could put up with him for 30 years. He's put a bulls eye on himself and earned his reputation for sure.

He single handedly raised the seed money to build the new library at Texas Tech when he's was there. No fanfare or kudos given for that ...

His focus was always on education.

... now, some of his methods ...

WalnutCrest":9ocafpco said:
He single handedly raised the seed money to build the new library at Texas Tech when he's was there. No fanfare or kudos given for that ...

He could have been the greatest coach of all time. But he has issues. The web is littered with clips of unbelievable behavior. Only an idiot could ignore it.

Bright Raven":7zfqzw1i said:
WalnutCrest":7zfqzw1i said:

He could have been the greatest coach of all time. But he has issues. The web is littered with clips of unbelievable behavior. Only an idiot could ignore it.

True, but how many folks did he put out of a job and starve their kids, all in the name of doing your job.

True Grit Farms":1nwxu5b4 said:
Bright Raven":1nwxu5b4 said:
WalnutCrest":1nwxu5b4 said:

True, but how many folks did he put out of a job and starve their kids, all in the name of doing your job.

The person he hurt most was himself. Take it from two of the most influential people in his career:

He is a man distracted by annoyances to an unhealthy degree. Knight "often stalks the insignificant." Knight's mentor, basketball coach Pete Newell: "There are times Bobby comes so close to self-destructing." Edwin Cady, a former IU professor who helped get Knight hired in 1971, added: "He's in a race now between overcoming immaturity and disaster."

Bright Raven":32w0nhce said:
WalnutCrest":32w0nhce said:

Are you saying I'm ignoring his behavior, and therefore am an idiot?

WalnutCrest":26rcjiwu said:
Bright Raven":26rcjiwu said:
WalnutCrest":26rcjiwu said:

Are you saying I'm ignoring his behavior, and therefore am an idiot?

Reads that way to me. I wouldn't put up with such nonsense especially out of a Simmental breeder!

WalnutCrest":gkbr80jk said:
Bright Raven":gkbr80jk said:
WalnutCrest":gkbr80jk said:

He could have been the greatest coach of all time. But he has issues. The web is littered with clips of unbelievable behavior. Only Bob Knight's mother could ignore it.

I fixed it. I am not a sports fan but in my 66 years (67 on 13 August), I was attentive to the behavior of Bob Knight. I read the 1986 book, Season on the Brink. His behavior makes Genghis Khan look like Mother Teresa.

It is documented that he choked 4 people. Yet he was adamant that no one lay a hand on him.

He did not allow students at assembly hall to chant profanity, yet I could put up a clip where he spoke for 5 minutes and every third word is obscene profanity.

Friend, he wrote the book, set the standard, set the bar, provided the road map, etc. for hypocracy, profanity, boorish behavior, violent temper tantrums, immaturity, and self-destruction. In my 67 years, I know of no person, private or public, who holds a candle to him.

Bright Raven":1htlc48g said:
WalnutCrest":1htlc48g said:
Bright Raven":1htlc48g said:
He could have been the greatest coach of all time. But he has issues. The web is littered with clips of unbelievable behavior. Only Bob Knight's mother could ignore it.

I fixed it. I am not a sports fan but in my 66 years (67 on 13 August), I was attentive to the behavior of Bob Knight. I read the 1986 book, Season on the Brink. His behavior makes Genghis Khan look like Mother Teresa.

It is documented that he choked 4 people. Yet he was adamant that no one lay a hand on him.

He did not allow students at assembly hall to chant profanity, yet I could put up a clip where he spoke for 5 minutes and every third word is obscene profanity.

Friend, he wrote the book, set the standard, set the bar, provided the road map, etc. for hypocracy, profanity, boorish behavior, violent temper tantrums, immaturity, and self-destruction. In my 67 years, I know of no person, private or public, who holds a candle to him.

Looking like possibly might get to add sexual misconduct to the list. I would hope his kids aren't a reflection of him.

callmefence":2xg4xr1l said:
Bright Raven":2xg4xr1l said:

Looking like possibly might get to add sexual misconduct to the list. I would hope his kids aren't a reflection of him.

Fence, sexual misconduct is not new to Knight. He is famous for an interview saying that if a woman is going to be raped, "She should just lay back and enjoy it".