KNERSIE

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
I dreamt you were judging my cows last night, it was not nice!!! :shock: . Afterwards there were a whole lot of people celerbrating a birthday and discussing my three little cows. If it is/was your birthday - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :p :lol:

Pretty sure it wasn't me and that it was not my birthday you were celebrating, but if you wait another 29 days it could well be mine!

Besides, I am nice when I judge! Commentary in the showring is something completely different to analysing an animal on request. You should never give negative commentary or hammer on faults as it reflects bad on the breed for the passers by.

alisonb":1j4noh00 said:
KNERSIE":1j4noh00 said:
Besides, I am nice when I judge!
Couldn't have been you then, the judge in my dream was just awful! He was good looking though :lol:
Well that rules him out!

I dreamed I went to a restaurant with my mom and my sister. They said we're on a diet and we're not eating anything white. I said what do you mean white? They said like potatoes or bread, you know white food. I said I bet you'll eat some turnip roots if I order some.

hillsdown":2uozax81 said:
Yep ,that Knersie is a real cutey even though he is quite hairy . :lol: :lol2:
Now why did you have to go and mention hair - last night I dreamt I shaved all my hair off :shock: , the dream was so vivid that when I woke up I felt my head to see if I still had any hair left :lol: :lol: .
Must be this cold weather getting to me, I can't wait for spring in fact I've already started spring cleaning to hurry it along :p .

ALACOWMAN":2cpa9dqf said:
how cold are winters in souf africa?

depends where you are, can be as hot as some summers in the USA to almost as cold as some winters in the USA. Its mostly fairly mild compared to yours.

How far away is Somalia from South Africa?, (I do know that it is in East Africa) as on the NEWS they are saying they are in a very bad drought.

ga.prime":2jxuusyq said:
Nobody knows how far it is because they don't have roads there.
Is it one of those "You can;t get there from here" kind of deals?

dun":3r2tzbit said:
ga.prime":3r2tzbit said:
Traveling into southern Somalia would be akin to traveling around the Afghan/Pakistan border region.

We may as well keep this thread alive till Knersie's birthday :p

dun":1zqnon8q said:
ga.prime":1zqnon8q said:
You can fly direct -
South Africa to Somalia - 2910 miles
USA to Somalia - 8634 miles
Once there I think it is mostly cattle, donkeys and camel as a mode of transport or one can always walk :shock:

Saw this on the news last night .

The founders of Music World -- Kroum and Eva Pindoff --- announced Wednesday they will be making a personal donation of $2 million to the Canadian Red Cross Horn of Africa Drought appeal.

The United Nations said nearly 11 million people are at risk of starvation in Somalia.

I read where the victims of the worst drought in 60 years in the Horn region are so desperate that they are seeking refuge in Mogadishu ,notably one of the most dangerous cities in the world.

HD - it is really sad to see such suffering. It's easy to attribute the famine to severe drought but one has got to look at the broader picture. They have had civil war there for years. Here is one side of it written by Michel Chossudovsky, better known as the 'nutty professor'. It is however very controversial but thought provoking.
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=25725

Latest posts