knee work

Help Support CattleToday:

Carlos D.

Reaction score
I had an operation yesterday on my knee -they go in with a scope and grind off all the rough spots ---had that needle that makes you numb from the belly button down watched it all on the tv screen all of a sudden the bed started to shake and I can see this chisele thing banging into my bones I said are you hammering there ?yep he says ,your cartiladge is all gone will make some holes in there and get some blood flowing---I have to tell you Im sure hobbling around today --which reminds me where have all the compassionate women gone when a man is under the weather; their like dinosars, all gone

Carlos, sure hope you're feeling better...sounds like a really unpleasant procedure, but at least you're hobbling, if not walking. As for the women/nurturer/caretaker/nurse thing, maybe you cried wolf when you had the sniffles? Men are notorious babies when it comes to feeling under the weather...sorry, but it's the truth. Still, I hope you are on the mend and get better real soon!

we are not that far away, only about 4000 miles in my case....sorry that you have a bad knee I can sympathise with you, as I broke my knee not that long ago it is almost better....glad to hear you are hobbling, but should you not be resting it and using cruches to get about on? and don't be a marter and leave out the pain killers, like most men, as noone should suffer pain. Hope you feel better soon. regards Chris

Sorry "bout your knee..soon as I get Medicare or win the Lottery,gotta have new ones put in..."If I'da known I was gomma live so long,I'da took better care of myself"-- Funny how fare away that bathroom is. :)

warpaint":3u18047b said:
Not to worry there Carlos.

Had the same thing with mine.
You'll be up kickin cats in no time!! :shock:
got these crutches now ---getting pretty good swinging em I've been thinking about my knees I'm pretty sure I burnt them out on the carpet :D :D

carl

Welcome to the "can perdict the weather club".
One knee, both shoulders and the back...sure know when the barometer is changing.
Don't sluff off in PT, its the key to getting back quickly.
Good luck to ya...hey.
DMc

A few weeks ago when I went for preop ,we Had an hour to kill. My wife says lets go in here and look at kitchen suites ,so off we go .Walk in the store ,one little guy asked if she needs help noooo. were just looking , another guy comes along asks same question ,noooo,just looking ,OK I'll just point out a few things ,He was good Any way she is 99 % ready to buy it Then out of the blue come the words --I cant take a new kitchen suite in until my kitchen is finished (last fall I cut a hole in the wall and installed a garden door and put on a deck so the drywall is not finished inside)---Now I have not said a word through all of this --But suddenly her whole happiness depends on me finishing this wall ;--How do you women turn things around so smoothly?? So now im hobbling around on crutches doing drywall ---she says next time she'll marry a lawyer and hire a carpenter.Things will get done faster

carl

Get a walker...sort of acts like a sawhorse and takes some pressure off the knee. Could put a board across it to hold your mud pan and a hook or two on it for the tape and broad knife.
Works great...we're putting in a pantry since Susie has filled the mud room with her stuff and I still have the walker and use it for support....and it's adjustable.
DMc

chrisy":35jl4toh said:
and don't be a marter and leave out the pain killers, like most men, as noone should suffer pain.
The best pain killer that I know, comes in a liquid form and can be Bought OTC. No Prescription needed. All Liquor Stores and most grocery stores around here carry it. Most economical sizes are the 1/2 Gal and 1 Gal.

la4angus":196a1tey said:
No Prescription needed. All Liquor Stores and most grocery stores around here carry it. Most economical sizes are the 1/2 Gal and 1 Gal.

I use to favor the kickin' chicken. Wild Turkey 101.

Wewild":26fejbzs said:
la4angus":26fejbzs said:
No Prescription needed. All Liquor Stores and most grocery stores around here carry it. Most economical sizes are the 1/2 Gal and 1 Gal.

One of the better Pain Killers. :lol:

la4angus":16hil1k0 said:
Wewild":16hil1k0 said:
la4angus":16hil1k0 said:

One of the better Pain Killers. :lol:
well I quit useing that type of pain killer 18 years ago ---still --there might still be some left in my system :D

carl

Latest posts