KIOTI Tractors

Help Support CattleToday:

tsmaxx47

Reaction score
does anyone out there have any experience with Kioti tractors? I am thinking of replacing my 1983 ford diesel with about a 50hp something or other. my mechanic likes the KIOTI and says the parts are reasonable (he does not have a KIOTI dealership). I have been thinking of a JD in the 50 horse range but don't want something that is going to be driving me to the poorhouse for parts. I would consider new or used.

tsmaxx47":woxqopff said:
does anyone out there have any experience with Kioti tractors? I am thinking of replacing my 1983 ford diesel with about a 50hp something or other. my mechanic likes the KIOTI and says the parts are reasonable (he does not have a KIOTI dealership). I have been thinking of a JD in the 50 horse range but don't want something that is going to be driving me to the poorhouse for parts. I would consider new or used.

how close is kioti dealer to you?

tsmaxx47":31elhqq1 said:

What size ford tractor do u have know?? If it's a 50 hp and u replace it with a new 50 hp tractor I think you will wish you would have bought a bigger tractor. The older tractors where a lot heavier and it seems to me that the older 50hp tractors has more power than the new 50 hp tractors. Just my 2 cents worth.

Kioti tractors are great. Kioti as a company sucks. I owned a DK65 and loved it--- until I had to get it worked on. Took it to 2 different dealers neither one could fix it. Then took it to a independent shop and called the main office to get a hydraulic circuit schematic for diagnostic purposes. I get their head tech on the phone finally and his exact words were " it's not under warranty and you didn't buy it new so we have NO obligation to help you fix it". That didn't go over well to say the least. I got my schematic and the shop diagnosed it as hydraulic pump. Only took me 2 months to get a new one. :bang: A $2k dollar repair ended up costing me $5k and 4 months downtime. Got it fixed and traded it for a Deere! It's a shame because they have a great product but no support. That's my experience hope yours is better.

SmokinM":sfc8cuni said:
Kioti tractors are great. Kioti as a company sucks. I owned a DK65 and loved it--- until I had to get it worked on. Took it to 2 different dealers neither one could fix it. Then took it to a independent shop and called the main office to get a hydraulic circuit schematic for diagnostic purposes. I get their head tech on the phone finally and his exact words were " it's not under warranty and you didn't buy it new so we have NO obligation to help you fix it". That didn't go over well to say the least. I got my schematic and the shop diagnosed it as hydraulic pump. Only took me 2 months to get a new one. :bang: A $2k dollar repair ended up costing me $5k and 4 months downtime. Got it fixed and traded it for a Deere! It's a shame because they have a great product but no support. That's my experience hope yours is better.

how long ago was that, smokinM? that was just the kind of info I was looking for. my mechanic told me they were a good heavy tractor, but then what good is a heavy tractor in the shop. Apparently that won't be a problem in Oklahoma as there are no Kioti dealers in this state. kind of answers all my questions........

Price farm; to answer your question, my ford is a 340A about 43 hp. my big mistake was not buying it with a loader. my primary purpose in getting a bigger unit will be to double stack 1000# round bales and have a good loader capability.

It was about 2 years ago. They are heavy built and well made. It was also one of the most comfortable tractors I have ever run and I spent many 10+ hr. days on it. That's why it is such a shame they have this great product but s--- for service. Told them that also that I would buy ten based on the tractor but I was going to trade it in based on the service.

Horrible!!! Bought a 50 9 yrs ago and the hydraulics were weak as a kitten....pampered and babied it and 4 yrs later the trade in was $7000. At the time it was only about $1000 cheaper than a Kubota of a similar model.....chronically had problems that it would die and not start. Orange is good but not that orange.

A friend of mine has a 50hp 4wd and loves it. That said he does not use it as a heavy farm usage tractor. Also the local Kioti dealer had closed due to bill and part issues.
He uses it mainly for mowing.

Have had mine for nearly 10 years and have used it pretty hard. Love it! With that said, I have not had any issues that I have needed to get parts or go to the dealer for. So I can not comment on the service......

Neighbor has a DK55 with 1400 hours, but wish he had gotten the size bigger to pull his round baler. Other than that for what he has used it for had very few problems.

gc4905401960365046321.jpg

I talked to the owner of a well respected Kubota/Case dealer about them and he said he would not take one on trade in. Same with Bransom and a few others. His words were " I don't want to have to sell it to someone else and disappoint that customer."
I wouldn't touch it unless it was very very cheap.

I don't think any of the off brand tractors are a bargain. Even if they were dependable, you would have to consider the trade in/resale value.

I will add to that, the new name brand tractors look a little generic made to me.

I had a Kubota l2800 for about 5 years. It was jut too small. I traded for kioti dk45se and can say that with 240 hrs so far ( it's only 2 yrs old ), this thing is a beast. I bought mine from Paige tractor and they are an awesome dealer...and only 15 miles away, so I have great dealer support. I have read about many horror story's with dealers so it is something to consider. Great tractor...find the right dealer and I think it's a great choice.

Finding the right dealership is the key to whether or not one "gets a good one" or not with most tractors.
Kioti is a Daedong, branded for the US--everywhere else, they are just Daedongs.
I looked at a Kioti a few years ago, and they looked to be a heavy built tractor, but I passed on it due to the fact the dealership was small and a new one---they've since gone out of business.
When I see an import tractor that I don't know anything about, I look to see what brands they also make--or used to make. Can't find any for Kioti other than the parent Daedong.

Someone mentioned Branson--they have a prior history. Built by Kukje Machinery Company S Korea, and they also made Zetor and Century. Century Tractors was founded in the late 1990s as a part of American Jawa, based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA. American Jawa was a US-based importer of tractors, including Zetor and later Landini. Century tractors were built in South Korea by Kukje. They were later renamed the Zetor C-series for a short time in 2003, and the Century brand was dropped. That only lasted a year or so, and the Zetor C-series was also dropped. In the USA, the Kukje-built tractors continued to be available under the Branson Tractors livery.

I am very color blind on tractors. But the only ones I would drop my money on caseih/new Holland, deere, or Kubota. I think any of those would make you happy. Even you are looking for parts!

I have one sitting in the barn right now for me to try, too wet right now though. First impressions are that I don't like it, does not seem well built. Just pony up and go Kubota if orange is your thing. I've heard a lot of good and bad about the kioti, but enough bad to bother me.

As far as HP, yeah, I think they are advertising engine HP instead of PTO HP which used to be the standard, so that would make a 50 horse Kioti less powerful than a JD 50 horse from years ago, probably less than 45 hp for comparison.

I own a dk 65, and it has been a very solid tractor. They are built heavy and with over 2200 hrs only a fuel pump needed replacing. I use it with my Mac Don 4000 to cut hay and my Vermeer 554 rounder and it handles both fine, and this is with out any tire ballast.

I have a kioti DK55 with loader and I think its one of the strongest tractors I have owned in a long time have had no problems with it over 700 hours putting out hay and pulling 14ft jd disc