Kingsnakes 1, Copperheads 0

Help Support CattleToday:

fit2btied

Reaction score
These were taken about a year ago by a lady I teach with. The snakes were in her back yard, in town. I have been trying to get copies of the prints this entire time. She brought them back in the same day beefy posted his awsome snake pic. These are scans and one of the pics was already a little out of focus, but I still think they are cool!
scan0002.jpg

scan0001.jpg

GMN":17apku1n said:
Is that snake eating the other one?

Gail
Yes it is. They didn't see the main 'fight'. It had already started the swallowing process when they found them. However, the copperhead was still alive at that point.

fit2btied":22tfuayf said:
GMN":22tfuayf said:
Is that snake eating the other one?

Gail
Yes it is. They didn't see the main 'fight'. It had already started the swallowing process when they found them. However, the copperhead was still alive at that point.

Thats freaky, I never even thought one snake would eat another, I wonder if that is common. Kind of reminds me of my sons baby chicks, and the morning I went out to check on them, and there was a big black snake in the cage, looking fat enough already with one lil baby chick sticking from its mouth. Have to admit I did scream over that, and something i won't ever forget.

Gail

King snakes are cool. I wonder how they get rattlesnakes?

A friend of mine posted pictures of a king eating a rattler and he says he saw the fight and the rattler was still alive as the king ate it. I know the kings are immune to copperhead and rattler venom. Not bad for a non-poisonous snake.

Ive never seen a kingsnake that looked like that before. i foudn a baby one that had just hatched and it was orange instead of white but you could tell it was turning white.

heres some more pictures. the first one is just tracks where the struggle took place.
Picture2269.jpg

(dang, i look really tall in this photo)
Picture2268.jpg

Picture2265.jpg

There are several snakes that kill and eat poison snakes....king,black,bull,etc.,,,as I understand it.

I have seen this fight last for upwards of 45 minutes with a moccosian and a king snake. We should be thankful for the balancing process given to us by G-d's natural design.

The king snake literally wears the poison snake down and then eats him alive.

Latest posts