kids punishment

Help Support CattleToday:

When I was a kid I got a whipping from mom or a talking from dad.
I didn't mind the whipping so much as it was over pretty quick and I really never understood what it was all about. It seemed like it was more of an emotional release for her than punishment for me. But that talking from dad went on and on and on. By the time he was done, along with other carefully devised punishments, I understood exactly why I shouldn't do something again.
I think it is more the child as to what they will react to the best.
Along with the punishment do not forget the reward for behaving properly, or doing good.

novatech":2k53k200 said:

Nova, I agree. We have three girls, each with totally different personalities. Hard to belive they came from the same gene pool.

skyline":3p2mq4gg said:
novatech":3p2mq4gg said:

Nova, I agree. We have three girls, each with totally different personalities. Hard to belive they came from the same gene pool.
Is all true. I have 4 and what works for one does not work for the other by any means. But none of themn can remember the last time they were hit. I had enough of that when I was a kid. Do not like the on and on talks. Do not raise my voice unless I need to be heard above the chaos. :roll: Fighting kids can get plenty loud sometimes ~ Christmas vacation over tomorrow. Thank God.

angie2":1mi6ua3w said:
skyline":1mi6ua3w said:
novatech":1mi6ua3w said:

Is all true. I have 4 and what works for one does not work for the other by any means. But none of themn can remember the last time they were hit. I had enough of that when I was a kid. Do not like the on and on talks. Do not raise my voice unless I need to be heard above the chaos. :roll: Fighting kids can get plenty loud sometimes ~ Christmas vacation over tomorrow. Thank God.
My punishment for fighting kids is the one they talk abought most often. They are at least 30yr's. now. I would make them stand nose to nose on the bathroom scale. It did not take them long to smile or at least turn on me instead of each other.

I wonder if it's legal to yoke children together? Imagine being yoked with someone you've been fighting with!

Since we are talking about punishments (and some funny ones) I decided I would share a story.

When my uncle was much younger he was helping load square bales with my grandpa and my dad. Needless to say he is a jokester and decided to move the bailes as if he had super powers and could just point at them to move them (using sound affects and the works). My dad told me my grandpa jumped out of the back of the truck and chashed my uncle around the whole hay field until he wore out. Needless to say I imagine he got it handed to him when they all went back into the house.

My grandma would make us say the rosary, from then on if we got in trouble we made sure it was out and away from the house.

If we didnt eat our vegetables my grandpa told me once he would get the tube and force feed them to me like he did the calves, I finished them up right there.

If we got in trouble we got the yardstick. A one by one yardstick on your nuckles laid againdst a table or counter really hurts.

Some my find it hard to believe I am an only child so I never had siblings to fight with.

Grandmaw would make us pick switches but never used them. I was bad enough to have to do it and we would be crying by then anyway. She turned it over later to our parents when that technique wasn't affective.

I have been whooped with a belt as a standard, hit in the back of the head with a hard brissle brush for whinning getting ready to go to school, made to lift weights for a determined number of repetions, read emily's rules of order and do a report on the chapters.

The last was very effective.

I probaly forgot some but my Dad never was the one to exact that type of punishment. I always heard about what would happen when Dad would get home. He came in to play when the grounding phase came in and he was tough.

I am very fortunae that I never had any of those problems. I was a perfect kid. Still am. (perfect that is)

BTW those of yo that are sure I am telling the truth, I have a certainbridge Iwould give you a good deal on in Brooklyn.

Could also fix you up with some future water front property in Florida.

Florida has water front property ~ yes?
Has to be a lot warmer there than here.
Count me in!

angie":30gqmqil said:
Florida has water front property ~ yes?
Has to be a lot warmer there than here.
Count me in!

Much warmer.
Actually a friend of mine has a condo for sale in the Destin area. Has been on market a long time but has not sold. I think people maybe got a little cautious after last hurricanes.
Taxes are eating her alive.

No room for cows, but you could round up some stray fish in the Gulf and start a fish herd. That is the way some of the old timers got their start down in south Texas. With cattle, not fish.

BTW it hit 80 degrees here the last couple of days. And that is above, not below zero.
Pretty soon people can punish kids by making them cut grass. I did a lot of that when I was a kid. And raking pine straw. That was worse than mowing.

I did such a fine job that in no time I was promoted to shoveling manure. AM and PM.
See, I didn't hijack thread. Got back to original subject.)

angie":6m1zx7ta said:
Wewild":6m1zx7ta said:
I have been whooped with a belt as a standard.
My dad did this.
If someone did it to one of mine, I would hang them with it.

You Minnesota gals are wimps. :D My dad used the belt on me and look how I turned out. :mad:

IMHO, the lack of the use of a belt these days is #1 cause of the idiot, no respect, ill mannered, butt hugging jeans, backwards cap kids we have today.

I didn't say they should not get their butts spanked when they need it (and I have 4 that have needed it at one time or another). I'm just saying, if you're dealing with mine, keep your belt on.

Wimps?! Easy thing to stand so far away and call me and MM wimps (she kinda is, but her heart is in the right place ;-) ).

angie":1tsf0e9q said:
I didn't say they should not get their butts spanked when they need it (and I have 4 that have needed it at one time or another). I'm just saying, if you're dealing with mine, keep your belt on.

Wimps?! Easy thing to stand so far away and call me and MM wimps (she kinda is, but her heart is in the right place ;-) ).

Angie, your post sort of indicated to me you were against corporal punishment. Spanking is like carrying a knife to a gunfight.

You certainly don't think I would be in reach of you mountain women and call you names do you? :help:

No, not against corporal punishment.

I am going to pm MM ~ I think she'd like to pick up that other ball. I can't have all the fun!

flaboy":3ndr3tgb said:
You certainly don't think I would be in reach of you mountain women and call you names do you? :help:

Well bagboy, looks like your finally using that so called "brain" of yours. :shock: Since us "mountain women" are so much younger and quicker than your "old self" you better not get any closer or we will toss your butt in a snowbank and leave you there until springtime hits the great divide. 8)

MistyMorning":5sy5h6wq said:
flaboy":5sy5h6wq said:

Well bagboy, looks like your finally using that so called "brain" of yours. :shock: Since us "mountain women" are so much younger and quicker than your "old self" you better not get any closer or we will toss your butt in a snowbank and leave you there until springtime hits the great divide. 8)

Hey my momma didn't raise no fool. Dang wimmins got more ways of getting even with men than the IRS has forms. Speaking of forms. Is it true you mountain women loose your form in the winter? :lol2:

flaboy":ddfj7rzh said:
MistyMorning":ddfj7rzh said:

Hey my momma didn't raise no fool. Dang wimmins got more ways of getting even with men than the IRS has forms. Speaking of forms. Is it true you mountain women loose your form in the winter? :lol2:

Well as far as I can tell your Momma raised "one big old fool" :roll: Angie, it's your turn here, see if you can knock some sense into the nincompoop. 8)

P.S. bagboy.......we don't have any mountains in Minnesota!

Latest posts