Kids & Horses

Help Support CattleToday:

My daughter got to ride after I used the old boy to teach a bull who's boss the other day. He's getting some age, but man can he work cattle!

Call me an a**hole but I'm gone say this. It scares the hell outta me to see little kids with no helmet around animals and no adult close enough to react to a "situation". It may be cute but it's irresponsible.

City Guy":1xzwa254 said:
Call me an a**hole but I'm gone say this. It scares the be nice outta me to see little kids with no helmet around animals and no adult close enough to react to a "situation". It may be cute but it's irresponsible.

whats irresponsible is people telling other people what needs to be done. this "we got to protect everyone from everything " is partly whats wrong with America. Its the OP choice not more nothing less.

City Guy":1nnf7lml said:
Call me an a**hole but I'm gone say this. It scares the be nice outta me to see little kids with no helmet around animals and no adult close enough to react to a "situation". It may be cute but it's irresponsible.
How about I raise my child as I see fit, and you do you! I've rode since I was in the womb, and that child has done the same. She rides better at her age than 95% of horse owning adults out there....but thanks for completely derailing this thread.

I make mine practice in a helmet, (and very unwisely) I allow them to choose when they are at a rodeo/ropin/barrel show. As you can see, one chooses to, and one chooses not to. I wouldn't get on here ( or anywhere else), and tell other parents what they should do. I will say, my 2 girls are about the only ones I see around here, wearing helmets. Again, for myself, I probably shouldn't give them a choice. You would have to know my litteliest personality, for this to be funny. One of the older boys was ribbing her about wearing a helmet, and she told him," If you kick my butt I'll take it off". I guess she's not as worried about appearances as some.

Kid 50lbs Horse 1000lbs. Yeah that'll work. I'm not telling anyone what to do. I just expressed my opinion and I stick by it.

FYI, the size of the animal is not the problem. A 20 pound dog could kill my child too! Worring about what MAY happen to a child builds a society of loosers who cannot fend for themselves. No one asked for your personal views on kids and horses, this thread is to post pictures of the ones we love and our equine family members. If you wanna tell people your thoughts on how I am an irresponsible parent, start your own thread!

It just dawned on me that some of you might think I was talking about ALL the pics! NO, not at all. Just the very first one. Baby in the saddle with no way of controlling the animal. Don't care who you are--that's dangerous! She will not grow up to be a loser just because an adult stands next to her in a photo. The other pics are enjoyable, some are inspirational. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

city guy, what you fail to consider is that there is another adult close behind the horse in both pictures, just cropped out. Both of those geldings are broke, and had been used hard before she rode them. As with judging cattle on a picture alone, it doesn't tell the whole story. My child will be fine without your input, thanks!

City Guy":1kj0xral said:
If there is an adult in those pictures where is their shadow?
Over head lights in barn, so there are none. The very first pic, you can see shadows, including a person's, in the far right, near the bottom of his tail. You sir need to get a hobby!

I will put up with a lot from internet trolls, but I will not take being told I'm a bad parent from a nameless slicker!

BJB; I see plenty of shadows in the barn, from horse and fence. I see no evidence of overhead lights.
I have examined the picture with a magnifying glass and a ruler. That dark spot near the tail is not a shadow because it is at a different angle than the other shadows. Unless you have two suns in Wisconsin. Even it it is a shadow of an adult it is a mighty small person-prolly wouldn't be much help in an emergency.

I,m not calling you a bad parent--Lord knows I did things just as stupid with our kid and didn't even realize it. I was always received when someone pointed out the danger. Embarrassed, but thankful. The only smart and true thing Hillary Clinton ever said was "It takes a village". This is exactly what she was talking about.

City Guy":m4q1as1y said:
BJB; I see plenty of shadows in the barn, from horse and fence. I see no evidence of overhead lights.
I have examined the picture with a magnifying glass and a ruler. That dark spot near the tail is not a shadow because it is at a different angle than the other shadows. Unless you have two suns in Wisconsin. Even it it is a shadow of an adult it is a mighty small person-prolly wouldn't be much help in an emergency.

I,m not calling you a bad parent--Lord knows I did things just as stupid with our kid and didn't even realize it. I was always received when someone pointed out the danger. Embarrassed, but thankful. The only smart and true thing Hillary Clinton ever said was "It takes a village". This is exactly what she was talking about.

Get a life!

Bigfoot":1uhonnfv said:
I make mine practice in a helmet, (and very unwisely) I allow them to choose when they are at a rodeo/ropin/barrel show. As you can see, one chooses to, and one chooses not to. I wouldn't get on here ( or anywhere else), and tell other parents what they should do. I will say, my 2 girls are about the only ones I see around here, wearing helmets. Again, for myself, I probably shouldn't give them a choice. You would have to know my litteliest personality, for this to be funny. One of the older boys was ribbing her about wearing a helmet, and she told him," If you kick my butt I'll take it off". I guess she's not as worried about appearances as some.

My favorite picture that I can remember seeing on CT. Not because of the photography. I like the sibling nature of it. A brother and sister. Very COOL.

Latest posts