Kids & Horses

Help Support CattleToday:

Boot Jack Bulls

Reaction score
Since there are plenty of you who will admitt to having horses ( and some that won't), I figured a thread for everyone to post pics of kids and horses would be fun.

I will start it off with my daughter on one of her App geldings, Ace. She can't steer him yet, but I led her to move cattle for about an hour that day and she loves it. Sits in the middle and doesn't want to get down!

A few years back but one of my favorite pictures
She doesn't have time for such things now but it was good times

Good pictures all!

Bigfoot, I'm sure you're right! Its certainly in her genes. We used to breed, train and show nationally ranked roping and barrel horses in the Appaloosa circuit, so pretty much everyone in my family can sit a horse (weather they like it or not!) My brother trained cutters under Tommy Manion years ago, but doesn't own a single horse anymore. Mostly we just have a couple favorites we kept, but I can tell this little girl and her habit are gonna be hard on her daddy's wallet! :cboy:

Boot Jack Bulls":3cstdr3m said:
Good pictures all!

Bigfoot, I'm sure you're right! Its certainly in her genes. We used to breed, train and show nationally ranked roping and barrel horses in the Appaloosa circuit, so pretty much everyone in my family can sit a horse (weather they like it or not!) My brother trained cutters under Tommy Manion years ago, but doesn't own a single horse anymore. Mostly we just have a couple favorites we kept, but I can tell this little girl and her habit are gonna be hard on her daddy's wallet! :cboy:

Not everybody likes an app. If my memory is right, I've had 3 over the years. Liked em all. That's a little app in my picture. Everybody thinks it's a POA, but I think it's just a small app. Grade of course.

Our apps were all just quarter horses, some with color, some not. The horse my daughter is on in that pic is a 16 year old gelding sired by a leopard app and out of a bay own daughter of Skipper W I owned. If you look close, you can maybe see a stripped hoof! My/her other gelding is my rope horse from my app circuit days. His sire is a bay/blanket son of Dreamfeature, and the dam was a yellow dun quarter horse (Shortshot daughter). He is as sorrel as it gets, and no color at all. We actually went to the trouble to CPO him so he could have app show papers. Most of our horses were under 15 hands, my dad is a tall man, but did not like to climb on a tall horse! In a few years I will be looking for a horse just like your little app as a step up ride for my daughter.

This is her other gelding. I gave him to her for Christmas, her grandma gave her the other one.

Bigfoot":26h7er8m said:
Philip-TX":26h7er8m said:

Philip, what's the story here?

My two youngest were saddle-bronc riders in High school. That is one of the 'wrecks" at Lyle Sankey's rodeo school and the resulting fractured wrist.

The paint was a free horse that we "HAD TO HAVE DAD". We kept her for a couple years, they enjoyed her, then re-gifted her,....with her foal.

I know these aren't rodeo pics but she sure enjoys the horses.

working on halter breaking one of her moms racehorses

bought this one as a $35 stud colt, probably my favorite in the pasture cause he is so mellow

the grey is her favorite and personal horse, loves taking her swimming and the wife and her got into riding in town, nothing like spook proofing you horse in town. Very impressed with how she has turned into a confident little horse person.

Bigfoot, they have had the cops called a number of times but they were told by the police that there are no ordinances that say they can't ride threw town. Only place that has had an issue with them was when they went threw the mcdonalds drive thru they were asked to leave.

I've watched a few reigning classes for donkeys over the years. I always enjoyed it.

A donkey is actually a very athletic animal. It doesn't seem to translate to riding, but they can hit top speed in a few steps.

Latest posts