Kidneys

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie

Reaction score
Must have drank 20 gallons of water this week. It wasn't enough. Gonna drink a bunch of water today and hang close to the bathroom. Anyone got any tricks for getting the stones out?

This is my 5th run with them. First time was in 2001 and the worst. I hate to go see the Doc but may have to if they don't pass.

Boogie how much tea do you drink? I have been told it contributes to the formation of stones if you are already prone to them.

I drink tea in the summer. Not much this time of year. Very seldom do I drink any kind of soda. Lots and lots of coffee tho. That may be it. Been drinking a half gallon of cranberry juice each day this week and chasing it with lots and lots of water. It seems I am running to the bathroom constantly.

Last time I went to the doc with this I had passed one and had three others that were about to pass. I did not know when the other three came out but certainly knew about that first one. It looked like a cuckle burr.

I've heard it said that every man should pass a good sized kidney stone so they can begin to appreciate what it's like for a woman to give birth.

Andrew

You might try drinking 2 tablespoons of raw apple cider vinegar in 8 ounces of water couple times during the day. You can add a bit of honey or molasses if you can't stand the taste. It will accelerate the stone breakdown. Doesn't work for everyone,but the cost is far less than the alternative.

I'm not a Doctor (e.g., M.D, etc); however, IMO kidney stones are ROCKS. Would think it would take some serious stuff to dissolve them. That aside, my guess is that kidney stones are composed of calcium, magnesium, and related minerals. Possibly a long term build-up of not drinking enough water, and/or other problems related to one's unique metabolism.

Anyhoo...I can even begin to imagine to relate to someone passing a ROCK down and out one's tube! Must hurt like heii !

I've tried the asparagus and cola trick over the last two hours. There may be something to this trick.

You have my sympathy and I hope that everything works out soon.

As a mom of 5 who has kidney stones, I can honestly say that kidney stone pain is worst than childbirth. Labor pains come and go. Kidney pain is constant. I have had lithotripsy (learned that it doesn't work on all types of stones) and still have them.

For me I get attacks during cool weather when I don't drink enough water. Can you tell what the asparagus / cola trick is?

Good luck.

chippie":2n61rrzq said:
Can you tell what the asparagus / cola trick is?

Good luck.

Thank you.

Basically you puree asparagus and drink cola for the phosphuric acid. Here's a link. One bro-in-law swears by this. Said it cured him. Pain is gone from left kidney now but the right one is still hurting. Maybe I am on the mend? Nothing major has passed yet unless this asparagus thing worked. Drinking coke is the hardest part for me. I seldom drink any kind of soda.

http://infinity.usanethosting.com/Kidney/index.htm

100% apple juice worked for me. Brokem em down to where there was no stone, just a cloud mid stream

There are cranberry capsules .. If your like me and can't stand cranberry juice..

I have had them once was hurting pretty bad was the worst pain I had ever felt except the time I was in an accident and bruised my kidneys and they had coagulated blood clots in them NOW that was the worst :mad: :mad:
finally went to the Dr and he said it was stones I was sure glad it wasn't something I had caught from the stripper I had been seeing :cowboy: :banana:

Passing a kidney stone is the pitts, kinda like passing a sandbur if you know what I mean. One of mine measured 9mm and couldn't be passed so I had the lithatripsy surgery. That felt like being hung over a fence and then having my kidneys beat to death with a ball bat.

There are lots of home remedys out there but I think that keeping your kidneys flushing out by drinking lots of water is the best way to avoid them. I learned that 85% of kidney stones consist of calcium so if you are taking a supplement like I WAS, quit taking them!