kidney stones

Help Support CattleToday:

lavacarancher":3i4e7rmp said:
Between Fenceman and JMJ yawl need to turn your spellchecker off. We got JM looking for MEN (instead of mine) and Fenceman FALL'ing for someone instead of feel. Maybe Freudian slips? Just joking folks. :lol: :lol:

:deadhorse: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Dang that not good hope it goes smooth for you buddy. I have had some small ones and that was bad enough to make switch mostly to water. Had the gallbladder taken out in July don't miss the pain but everything upsets my stomach hard to eat out.

bigbull338":3j0hnc9v said:
well after 11yrs of having kidney stones i finally have 1 i cant pass.started hurting real bad mid nov.went to ER they ran the scans and X-RAYS said i had a gall stone.so went to the surgen she said the tests and her thoughts wasnt sure gallbladder.fast farward to jan 10 back in ER.go see my dr she sends me to kidney dr.he writes me in for stone removeal next wed.have another scan done its a stone that wont pass.so wed he is going to go in and pull it out.will see if that fixes my prob.he said the stone was a 5 or bigger.

What causes them?

GMN":2thea938 said:
bigbull338":2thea938 said:
well after 11yrs of having kidney stones i finally have 1 i cant pass.started hurting real bad mid nov.went to ER they ran the scans and X-RAYS said i had a gall stone.so went to the surgen she said the tests and her thoughts wasnt sure gallbladder.fast farward to jan 10 back in ER.go see my dr she sends me to kidney dr.he writes me in for stone removeal next wed.have another scan done its a stone that wont pass.so wed he is going to go in and pull it out.will see if that fixes my prob.he said the stone was a 5 or bigger.

What causes them?
Don;t know how the form but they are crystals formed from salts/minerals/stuff in the urine.

dun":12eprfyb said:
GMN":12eprfyb said:
bigbull338":12eprfyb said:

What causes them?
Don;t know how the form but they are crystals formed from salts/minerals/stuff in the urine.

I quit eating pecan pie every day. That didn't solve the problem.

There are 2 types of stones. Most common is uric acid , I had alot of problems when I drank coke , last one I had was in 03 04 , I basically quit soda and only drink water and a little sweet tea.

M-5":3iaij5h0 said:
There are 2 types of stones. Most common is uric acid , I had alot of problems when I drank coke , last one I had was in 03 04 , I basically quit soda and only drink water and a little sweet tea.

I thought calcium stones were more common. Shows how smart I am. I have gout bad and uric acid stones. Had both at the same time once. That was tough. So I did like you dash, I quit the sodas, almost, and drink mainly water. It's helped a lot.

JMJ Farms":3msyo049 said:
M-5":3msyo049 said:

I thought calcium stones were more common. Shows how smart I am. I have gout bad and uric acid stones. Had both at the same time once. That was tough. So I did like you dash, I quit the sodas, almost, and drink mainly water. It's helped a lot.
I drink at least 1 2 liter bottle of coke a day usually more, have for 40 years. Last year was only the second time I've had a stone.

If u knew how acidic Coke was u would not drink it at all-I heard Dr Pepper was just as bad for your health I got me a ninja blender for xmas mix up all sorts of healthy smoothies now and I hardly ever drink Pepsi anymore-I drink water but not as much as I should

GMN":18c8ep5p said:
If u knew how acidic Coke was u would not drink it at all-I heard Dr Pepper was just as bad for your health I got me a ninja blender for xmas mix up all sorts of healthy smoothies now and I hardly ever drink Pepsi anymore-I drink water but not as much as I should
I doubt if I've drank more then a gallon of water (just water) in the last 40 years.

dun":2bdv8cb1 said:
GMN":2bdv8cb1 said:
I doubt if I've drank more then a gallon of water (just water) in the last 40 years.
Me either except what's in beer and bourbon and water and then it would be about a tanker load.

ok guys im back and feeling alot better.yes i have the stint in me.it sure hurt like the devil to use the bathroom for a few days.felt like some1 was hitting me in the ribbs everytimei used the bathroom.i got home at 130 wed afternoon.the only pain meds i have is tylenol 3 they arnt that stout.going back to dr thurs to have stint removed.for the last 10yrs ive been drinking sprites and 7ups.still drank a few cokes and drpeppers in the mix.i will drink 1 2 litter bottle every 1.5 days.in summer its a 2 litter bottle everyday.trying to drink some lemon water aka lemonaid everyday.

Good to hear from you. I hope you didn't think I was pulling your chain ( pun intended) on the stint. Just be ready when you have your feet in the stirups he will tell you one thing a do another and it will remind you of a bull whip when it comes out.

M-5":343q8h0z said:
Good to hear from you. I hope you didn't think I was pulling your chain ( pun intended) on the stint. Just be ready when you have your feet in the stirups he will tell you one thing a do another and it will remind you of a bull whip when it comes out.

Dammit M5. He wont rest a bit between now and then :(