kidney stones

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338

Reaction score
well after 11yrs of having kidney stones i finally have 1 i cant pass.started hurting real bad mid nov.went to ER they ran the scans and X-RAYS said i had a gall stone.so went to the surgen she said the tests and her thoughts wasnt sure gallbladder.fast farward to jan 10 back in ER.go see my dr she sends me to kidney dr.he writes me in for stone removeal next wed.have another scan done its a stone that wont pass.so wed he is going to go in and pull it out.will see if that fixes my prob.he said the stone was a 5 or bigger.

thanks ill ask my buddy about it before he knocks me out.i know ill be hurting when i use the bathroom.

JMJ Farms":3smccriy said:
Anyone who's never had one can't imagine the pain. Hope all goes well big bull.
Only pain I ever had worse then kidney stones was gall stones.

FWIW, I deject pain pills. But I keep a stash of hydrocodone just for kidney stones. So far I've been able to drink a gallon of water (almost worse than the stone), take one pill, and it's lights out. Usually that's enough pressure to force it on through. I sure do feel for you big bull. I'd hate to have one too big too pass.

well it wont be much longer and the stone will be gone.dun why did you have to mention gallstones.im pretty sure im dealing with 1 of those as well.lest i was told that 2 months ago before the kidney stone.so ill take care of that later.

I have had several over the last 15 years. Had 4 at once. They didn't hurt all that bad. - until last year. I had one that finally got into the pain relm. I nearly passed out from the pain. Blood pressure went way low and it bought me a ride in the meat wagon to the ER. Cardio doc said it was just a reaction to the pain. Almost like going into shock.

Anyway, now I know the pain. I hope any new ones are like they used to be.

TennesseeTuxedo":ei0s2poq said:
Anybody ever notice how many of our threads are devoted to medical problems on this forum?

Could we all be getting old?

A lot of us are closer to going than getting here.

My SIL who is 40 has had a heck of a time with kidney stones since he was about 30.
Been hospitalized several times and they had to go in and bust them up.
Has something to do with the rheumatoid arthritis medicine he has to take.
Boy is ate up with that stuff bad.

Good luck to you. Only time ive been to ER/hospital for myself is for kidney stones, and I met my new best friend, dilaudid (20x the strength of morphine). I've never flown so high in my life ...... Knock on wood, haven't had stones in a while .....

I've broken several bones in my life, had a 1/2 diameter bolt drove completely through my hand and been in a explosion that burned my clothes off and left me severly burned over 30 percent. All of that pain together didn't come close to the kidney stone. I fell for you and wish you the best of luck.

fenceman":170mnpyx said:
I've broken several bones in my life, had a 1/2 diameter bolt drove completely through my hand and been in a explosion that burned my clothes off and left me severly burned over 30 percent. All of that pain together didn't come close to the kidney stone. I fell for you and wish you the best of luck.

Between Fenceman and JMJ yawl need to turn your spellchecker off. We got JM looking for MEN (instead of mine) and Fenceman FALL'ing for someone instead of feel. Maybe Freudian slips? Just joking folks. :lol: :lol:

thanks it wont be much longer.went and pre reg this afternoon.ill be #3 to go in in the morning.my buddy said he would barely knock me out lolol.im feeling it everytime i move.felt it bigtime while i was reading an laughing at yall.