Key Rings for tractor keys .. not a good thing

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Bought a bunch of those ACE HARDWARE key rings with the red webbing strap attached to them - about six inches long. Thought they were handy, easily seen and would keep us from losing so many tractor keys each year. All this has worked perfectly except I learned today if you don't have a cab tractor them calves like those little straps too. Oh well, I'm sure the walk did me some good. :oops:

Jogeephus":15dqx1hf said:
Bought a bunch of those ACE HARDWARE key rings with the red webbing strap attached to them - about six inches long. Thought they were handy, easily seen and would keep us from losing so many tractor keys each year. All this has worked perfectly except I learned today if you don't have a cab tractor them calves like those little straps too. Oh well, I'm sure the walk did me some good. :oops:
=====
thats not all.. they will chew on seats ...wires,,,etc.

Leave no tractor in their environment.LOL

Jogeephus":2tzi2vt7 said:
Bought a bunch of those...key rings with the red webbing straps... Thought they were handy, easily seen and would keep us from losing so many tractor keys each year...

I guess those red webbing straps didn't make it any easier to find the keys, huh ??? ;-) :oops:

Found the key and strap down by the pond yesterday. I guess the lil boy didn't like the taste of the key. But now the webbing is like someone soaked it in starch or something.

Jogeephus":2oyno2vd said:

This is really funny for several reasons.
One you had to still look for the darned key
Two you have tractors that sit low enough to the ground that a calf can steal the key
Three you have tractors that the key is needed to start the tractor or that the key is not rusted into the hole
Four you still had to look for the key
Five you remove the key to begin with. I reckon I'm a candidate for theft. The keys are in everything here. Someone might need it when I'm not around. AND if someone would take the time to start the thing to steal it, they must need it way more than me.

Good points. I enjoy a good laugh even if its on me. Little things like this keeps life entertaining and fun. :)
Oh, your right about the size of the tractor. Its definitely a low rider for sure and the calf is only about 200 lbs. But I didn't actually have to look for the key. Found it the next day after my exilerating hike back to the truck. :oops: The red webbing was easy to see since I've discovered you can't grow grass without water. :cry:

preston39":4ottr9i0 said:
Jogeephus":4ottr9i0 said:
=====

Preston is sure right on this. Sooner or later you will go to start that tractor one day and find they decided to eat the wires the evening before.

Ryder":j0p1hjk8 said:
preston39":j0p1hjk8 said:
Jogeephus":j0p1hjk8 said:
=====

Preston is sure right on this. Sooner or later you will go to start that tractor one day and find they decided to eat the wires the evening before.

If you could see the wiring harness on one of my tractors you'd see that I learned that the hard way. :oops:

I had cows try eating the spark plug wires as soon as I got off the tractor.
Today I noticed the grandson "driving" the old Ollie....oh yeah, no key...been in there for five years since I replaced the switch
and no one knows anything about where the key went.
DMc

Texas Ranch Man":29bqq3yu said:
Had the entire Key Ring pulled out of my 4 wheeler by one of the calves, found it next morning.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with such wonderful luck! :lol: You gotta admit, in hindsight, its pretty darn funny. :)

Had a Bottle calf one time that was at my grandparents house, they just let him have the hole place to himself, he loved the shop and EVERYTHING that had wires didn't after Norman got throw. I don't see how he didn't kill himself.

Latest posts