Kessler Frontman

Help Support CattleToday:

Kingfisher

Reaction score
http://abs-bs.absglobal.com/beef/angus.asp?Codtouro=29AN1779
Anybody use or know anybody to use this bull? Thanks in advance.

torogmc81":1d8r38d8 said:
no but I am curious to what you're liking about him? (I don't mean that in a bad way ...)
He looks like a Bull to me! He was suggested by the ABS rep for my Baldie Heifers. I haven't bought him yet so I'm not committed to anything. What do you like/not like? I'm just not looking for trouble but would like something that's alive and kicking out of this set of 2 year olds I have. If anything he's the wrong color for my taste but haven't seen or been shown a Hereford Bull I like more.....

he seems to be thick enough , i had considered using him, I think he is tall enough , he is packed full of red meat , I would say he is worth using , he could use help on the epd performance , but he makes it up on eye apeal , I like him ok , he may be a tick short in lenght

I've weighed only three of his in a group of eight two-year heifers' calves. There's nothing special about them in my herd; they've done well enough and were born easily enough, but it'll be a while before I'd commit to buying more of him, depending on how these calves grow out.

I have a balancer bull that is out of him, I raised off a first calf heifer, that has made a heck of bull. He's deep and thick and a pleasure to be around. His calves are good and they are uniform. He turns 3 in July. :kid: B&G

That a lot of milk and not a lot of marbling. The milk part is the no go for me but if you have the grass then it could be a good thing.
Frontmans biggest claim to fame is that he worked really well for a lot of people over in focus daughters. If he didn't have that going for him he probably would not still be on the lineup.

I sampled him with the purchase of 5 straws. Got 2 bulls and 1 heifer. Definitely calving ease. My biggest problem was the docility. Sold all three since I don't like to deal with problem cows. The heifer was really nice, bulls were just average. Not much growth on the bulls.

Thanks for all your reply! I appreciate that. I'm almost done installing my Priefert head gate and had a nice visit with the young dude that will AI for me last night. I still think this bull "fits" this set of Baldie Heifers I have so I'll let you know soon what I do. Thanks again fellows.

Latest posts